Never Had Such a Close Call with a Foal Before!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. You done a great job! I hope she continues to improve each and everyday. She is a darling and so tiny. Congratulations!!!

Congrats on such a sweet little thing
default_wub.png
Great job on the save

Wow, you did some quick thinking and did the right things and saved that little foal ! Congratulations !!! Sounds like she will be okay. She is so teensy
default_wub.png

Many congratulation on your new filly - she's gorgeous! Well done too for your quick thinking efforts - I'm sure they will both be happier now they are back home. Cant wait for some more pictures.

Anna

Wow, how scary!
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm so glad everything turned out well though. She's precious.
default_wub.png
I'm looking forward to seeing new pictures!
default_biggrin.png

Well done with your fast thinking and work on your filly - she is so gorgeous and looking forward to more pics.

She wanted to come out a drama queen! Congratulations on a job well done and your new foal.

How scary! Good job!

WOW! That must have been so scarey!! So glad you were able to turn the foal and get her out! And then to resusitate her! Good job! She's beautiful BTW! We'll be looking for updated pictures soon.

We lost a foal due to a bad dystocia on March 15th. The vet saved the mare though.

Pam

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Great save! I had something similar last year but wasn't able to get the colt to breathe on his own. I'm so happy you had a better outcome!

OMG...how scary for you....and how brave and quick thinking you are...thank God you got her out...I hope it all works out ok..she is a beautiful little thing...good luck

I have to give credit for this filly's life to Julie Miller (R3). I was in a panic, but she stayed very calm and talked me through the issues with this filly. I just did what I was told, LOL!

We've decided to name her 3C Touched By A Star, and we're calling her Touch, at this point. She's a whopping 16.75" tall, which is by far the smallest foal we've ever had, as we normally breed 32-34" mares. Isis, Touch's dam, is only 28.5" tall. We helped Touch nurse twice last night after getting her home from the vet, and the next time we went down she was already nursing. She sleeps a lot, but when I turned Touch and her dam out for about 15 minutes today so I could clean their stall, the filly kept up with her dam as Isis took her to various fence lines like she was showing her off to the other horses. Isis would let her visit with one group of horses for a few minutes, then she'd head off to the next. I think Isis is proud of her little girl!
default_laugh.png
With luck, Touch will continue to get stronger over the next few days, then once we get past the risk for dummy foal syndrome, we can all relax here on the farm. I have an appointment to get Isis flushed and checked out on Thursday to make sure she doesn't have any issues from the dystocia.

Here's 3C Touched By A Star on her first trip outside at 24 hours old:

TouchNewbornRightMar2010.jpg

TouchNewbornRight2Mar2010.jpg

Sedeh, I'm so sorry you weren't able to get your colt breathing. I know how scary that is!!

Pam, hugs to you. I'm sorry things went that far wrong for you. I hope the rest of your foaling season is smooth!

Thank you for contributing this information so people like me can prepare. Congratulations. She is colored so beautiful, and that is the name that was my favorite.

Wow, I'm all teary from reading that! Poor little thing, and good for you.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
My hat is off to you for a good save.
default_worshippy.gif

Leia

Oh, my gosh - Touch is just adorable - she looks like a little stuffed toy horse! What a precious baby - Congratulations on such a sweet filly and a great save!!

Blessings do come in small packages. What a beautiful baby girl and a fantastic job you did bringing her into the world.

You should be so proud and thankful for dear friends, great team work!

Oh, she's just beautiful. I'm glad to hear she's doing so well now.
default_smile.png

Touch is feeling much better today, she is starting to run in the stall!!! She also popped her hindquarters up in the air when I was petting her.
default_biggrin.png

That's great! LOL, so did mine at the vet yesterday when she got her shot, but she is a yearling lol. I cant' wait for mine, and thanks for the story again.

Latest posts

Back