Nefertiti update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
An update on Nefertiti, whose tongue is partially paralyzed...

She is doing well on the wet diet - I give her Blue Seal Demand pellets, beet pulp (I still can get it despite a shortage) and alfalfa cubes that are soaked and serve them all at the consistency of oatmeal.

She is filling out and has that Modern fire again - snorting, trotting big, taking swats at the other horses when she can get away with it....

Nothing from Cornell yet - in my own research she must have sustained some damage to cranial nerve XII that is the hypoglossal nerve that controls tongue function but the fact that I didn't have to put her down and the feeling I got from her when that thought of euthanasia crossed my mind was a total, "NO! I am not ready to go! I have a long life ahead of me! I am fine! Don't do it!" I could almost "feel" her shouting at me... glad I listened to her!

She is doing well in practicing her "parking" and on the longe line - she knows she is hot stuff... I love a confident horse!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back