New Updates on Peebie - and thanks yous

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kubilee

Reaction score
I promised you all I'd keep you updated on Peebie and I was out with her today and was lucky enough to have my iphone on me and grabbed a few pics.

I have to tell you, this baby has made such huge improvements... last night, when my daughter and I went to put her back up, she went into the pen, like she always does. She has a touch of OCD, no matter how much water she has during the day, she always has to make her rounds and get a drink, look around and then usually she goes back into the herd and hangs with them... not last night.....that horse did the funniest thing I've ever seen her do and actually have NEVER seen this from her. She bolted, just took out like a cannon in a full on run, faster than all of the other horses... but this wasn't a scared run, nothing like that, she was PLAYING..... playing I tell you. We thought she was unable to play, but she was playing. She has bonded with Bobby (the Mini Baby Donkey I bought her with my birthday money), and she's been playing her head off out there.

I still have a long long ways to go with her, but because of you all here, my baby is playing her head off, she feels better, she LOOKS better... and her entire disposition has drastically improved..... I have grown so attached to her, and I can't imagine my world without her. I don't even know how to bring words to how much I appreciate all of you here.

This is exactly to the day 2 weeks later..... I've been dating and charting the progress.

Peebie wants to say hi, look...

Her gorgeous little face

peebie8242011.jpg

Full body, so you can see how much better she is looking

peebie8242011-2.jpg

And Peebie strikes a pose

peebie8242011-3.jpg

I know she and I have a very very long ways to go, but wow.... I literally was brought to tears yesterday when I seen her playing and running.... she was bucking, throwing her head, just having a blast being who she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
your doin a good job!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

your doin a good job!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Thank you... I give her the credit though, she has so much fight in her. She has fought her whole life and I just want to get her where she doesn't feel the need to fight for her life anymore. She turned a year old this month as well, the nearest anyone can tell.
default_smile.png

My only issue now is wondering what color that crazy little thing is..... we can't figure that out for the life of us.

wow, she is so much better already
aktion033.gif
Well done for coming here and asking for help and double well done for listening
aktion033.gif

She still has a long long way to go, as you said but she is definitely on the right track.

Way to go girl
cheers.gif

Brilliant news!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Well done to you, she's certainly on the road to full recovery. Dont get despondent if her improvement from now on seems to go in 'fits and jerks', sometimes this does happen with little ones that have had a bad start like Peebee had, just keep up the steady progress with her food plus the love and care that you are giving her.
default_yes.gif

I have absolutely no idea about her colour, but will say that I think she is a very pretty little girl - and a very lucky one to have found you!

She's looking much better, and sounds like she is feeling great.

I would say she is a silver black.

Bless you!!!
default_biggrin.png
She is saying thank you to you by playing and running. Thanks for the update.
default_yes.gif

She's looking much better, and sounds like she is feeling great.

I would say she is a silver black.
I wondered about this one, my daughter and I have looked up every single horse color we could find and this and silver dapple seemed to fit the best so far. It isn't that it really matters in the big picture, just never seen one this color before... either way it goes, even if she made up a color, which I wouldn't put it past this one, she is our baby and it just doesn't matter.

I also think Silver Black. She could even be hiding dapples in there, that you probably won't see for a while as she improves. I'm not sure about dapples, but I thought I read somewhere that they tend to show when the horse is in good-n-healthy shape, and she's headed for a healthy and happy life now with you at the helm!

She's such a pretty girl,
default_wub.png
.and is really improving. What is her diet up to now?
She is grazing from 7 AM to 7-8 PM, depending on if I can get out there later rather than earlier... and I give her about 1lb of feed two times a day, at around noon and 5PM. She has a REALLY really big belly, but it isn't out of proportion like it's been.... that can easily be run off the way she's been running around the past few days I guess. I worry a little about her getting too fat, but with the way she was, that's the last of my worries right now. Her "gut sounds" as I am told to listen closely for, have gotten a great deal better.... they don't sound as umm. empty as they did.

She has a date with the Farrier next week to get her manicure.. I am trying to learn how to do this one on my own too, but I still am a little scared of hurting her. I bought the nippers, and tried, but I am not 100%, so maybe another visit or two from him and he can make sure I am doing that right.

I have to say again, thanks to all of you here, I owe her life literally to you people.

I just took some new pics of the horses and wanted to share this with you. Just took this a little while ago. She is doing so wonderful and almost all of her winter coat is gone now, just in time for the new one to start I suppose. lol

Check her out now, she is getting so much taller and her hips and legs are really filling out good.

So you can see how well her hips and legs are filling out.

peebie942011.jpg

This is Sky with her, so you can see how fast she is growing UP, she's almost as tall as Sky now. And look how well she is holding her head up now.
default_smile.png

skypeebie942011.jpg

Fantastic progress, her colour is so much brighter now.

You said in your last post that she is getting a lb of food twice a day, what food is she getting? Are you giving her hay too? She still has a long way to go but you are doing great. Nice and slow and well done for checking for gut movement. I give my youngsters some sugar beet with their food as it helps keep their poop nice and soft. Remember to let her have access to a salt/mineral block at all times and worming every 6-8 weeks. Poo picking helps keep down worms and flies too.

You should be very proud of her progress. Well done.

How about posting a before and after pic to see her progress?

Renee

Fantastic progress, her colour is so much brighter now.

You said in your last post that she is getting a lb of food twice a day, what food is she getting? Are you giving her hay too? She still has a long way to go but you are doing great. Nice and slow and well done for checking for gut movement. I give my youngsters some sugar beet with their food as it helps keep their poop nice and soft. Remember to let her have access to a salt/mineral block at all times and worming every 6-8 weeks. Poo picking helps keep down worms and flies too.

You should be very proud of her progress. Well done.

How about posting a before and after pic to see her progress?

Renee
I just wormed them last week, and they have salt and mineral blocks readily available.
default_smile.png

She gets about 1 lb of day of the 14% protein pellets in the middle of the day and she grazes from 7-8 AM until about 6-7 PM.... so she gets plenty to eat, and since she decided she likes to run, we run her every single day now, to try and turn some of that fat into muscle. She is getting stronger by the day.

This is what she looked like when I first seen her. She had matted eyes, her hooves were in desperate need of being trimmed.... and her coat. GOD I can't even begin to tell you about that. She had what I am hearing was rain rot on her coat and she still has a spot on her spine that isn't healed completely from that. Her inner coat was nothing but knotted so bad that it was looking almost like mold growing.... which is why I bought clippers and trimmed that off myself. I must have worked on that for weeks, daily going out and working on it until she got tired of it and leaving her alone for the rest of that day. It got to be routine, I'd grab a few treats, clippers and off we'd go. She was so matted that as I'd clip it off her, she'd flinch and I'd have to go ever so slow to get it done. She looked like an escaped mental patient for the longest time, but I had to get it off her. We'd try and get down to her skin and plugs of her hair and skin were coming off in our hands... and I just couldn't let her go on like that, no matter how many people told me not to clip it, I couldn't stand to watch her go thru that.

She's gotten more aggressive as she gets more strength as well. She isn't letting the other horses push her around like she had been since we got her. She's not nearly as shy now. Today was funny, it was raining so I couldn't take her out to graze, I put her in her stall to feed her... she literally tried to push her way past me to go and eat, she didn't want to run, she just wanted to go and do what she is used to doing....... that is a great deal of when she gets her one on one time with me and my daughter as well... and she so loves that. lol

December 22, 2010 - she was 5 months old and had been broken from her mom when her mom died at less than 2 months old and the original owner never fed her, just took her to auction. Then she was fed entirely too much entirely too fast.

peebie3.JPG

And thanks to YOU people here, this is September 4, 2011 - doing wonderful and ever so spoiled.

peebie942011-1.jpg

If you look close in this pic of her, see that spot on her spine? That is part of what I spent countless hours and weeks trimming off of her. That is the very very last bit of it, and it is about to come off. It seems to hurt her, so I just work a little at a time on it. But look at that gorgeous little face. Other than my kids, this is my most proud accomplishment.
default_smile.png

And yes, I knew before she was paid for that she was in bad shape, and knew this was going to be a huge task, but something in her face just got us all by the heart strings and my 13 yr old and I have been extremely dedicated to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back