Need To See Some Front Leg Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
I'm hoping you all can share some front leg pictures with me, the kind taken from the front of the horse of both front legs from chest down, preferably with them standing square.

I'd like to see some of horses you consider conformationally correct, and also some of horses you consider to have leg issues such as toeing out, etc.

I just need something for comparison.

Well, I don't know if this will help but here is a great diagram for you. You can't see all leg faults from the front alone. I see a lot of minis with tied in tendons and off set cannon bones as well as the more "commonly known" faults.

ref7.jpg

Here are some of mine that I feel are straight examples. The ones that are not pictured with the chest to the camera, I think you can tell by their toes that they are straight. I know I can tell if a horse toes out in similarly possitioned pictures...

DunIT--07312006--%20159.jpg

SUNNY%20--%2006232006%20111.jpg

BACARDI%20--%2006232006%20129.jpg

Flirt%20--%2010132006%20--%20052.jpg

Khaki-07312006--%20054%20MARES%20PAGE.jpg

Derby--2002_AMHR_National_Top_Ten.jpg

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%201.jpg

Also, to judge this on a horse, it's hard if they are on "bumpy" ground. I had a mare I since sold who toed out SO bad. I saw it before I bought her, and bought her anyway as a driving prospect and she was a consistent winner for me in color classes. To this day, her previous owner would swear she was/is straight yet her left front pointed about to 2 o'clock! When I did go to sell her, I went out of my way to point out that problem (and everything else) to the new owner. I was so worried she'd get this mare and be disappointed and I'd have hated to see her bounce around. But, her new owner adores her, toed out leg and all
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back