Need to ask a favor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know that I'm new the forum, but I have watched how your power of prayers have helped out many. I know I have and still am praying for some members. But if you could, please send some my way. Life has been very hard for my the past couple of years. Some health related, and a lot of money problems. Last year we lost our house and our car due to my husbands work slowing down. We have been at our place for a year now.(renting) Things seem to be only getting worse again. I know that they say money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure would make things easier. I've fallen behind again, because of his hours being cut, and we live in the fear that any day he could loose his job. I don't think I could handle loosing everything again.. And this year we have two going to school.(My daughter starts kindergarden) So that means clothes and lunch for two. I just don't know what to do.. Just scared and worried and needed to vent. I hope you all understand. I even talked to the breeder about buying back our mini's, but I know that will devastate me and the kids. I really love our little mini's. Just why can't things get better and the black cloud leave.. So if you can find it in your heart to please send me a prayer, it would mean the world to me.. I need all the help I can get..Just don't want to loose everything again, so soon.. :no: We've never really had anyone to help us..

edited to say Hubby would be upset if he knew i posted our life, but I don't have anyone I could talk too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not one to pray, however I will keep you in my thoughts and wish for you to have better luck and get more breaks so you can make it without worry and fear of losing anything but rather find some ways to get ahead and have some peace of mind.

Sounds like you are well past due for some good luck and to catch a few opportunities. Let us know how you're doing if ya would, you know more than anything we all care and want you all to thrive and succeed.

(doesn't matter being new or been here since the beginning, you still count just as much as any of us.)

Liz M.

I am sorry things are going so bad right now, I will keep you in my thoughts...money issues are the worst.

Here are some suggestions that can maybe help - pack the kids lunches, get with friends/relatives/thrift stores and see if they have clothes that their children have outgrown so you are not spending all your cash on school clothes. Now that both your kids will be in school, if you don't work, maybe you can pick up a job that you only have to be there during school time and can be home when they get home. Get with all utility companies and pay a "budget amt" instead of the full amt due. If you have credit cards out the wazzoo (been there, done that)...get with a credit counseling company...a non profit one, they can lower your payments and get your interest lowered and a plan to pay them off. Buy generic and off brand foods, most taste just as well, walmart brand has some really great stuff at almost half the cost of the premium brands. Hate to say it...but the minis should probably go....you can get more when you get back on your feet again....maybe even lease them to someone???

You've probably thought of most of these things and might already be doing them. I will keep you in my prayers that things look better ahead, one last important thing.....try not to let the money situation stress your marriage!

((hugs))

I sure hope things start to get better, I know of what you are talking about and it is no fun.

The first day of school, get with administration, ask them about programs to help with lunch and book rental. I do believe most states have both.

Take a look around your house, what can go? What can be cut back, and what can you do without?

My husband was just on sick leave for 4 months and I about freaked! His check was only 60%. In all honesty, we had no problem getting rid of things we didn't need, to make up for the lack of the 40%.

Too often we do things with our heart, in situations like this, you have got to use your head.

Do not let things get to the point where you wake up one morning and realize the horses are out of food, there is not food in your kitchen, and you only have enough money for one or the other.

Take care of it in advance!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you the best.

I'll add you to my prayer list and keep you in my thoughts.

You have received some excellent advice, I hope you are able to take advantage of it.

Edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: coming your way.

Raised for children and was hard at times, lived check to check.

If one door closes another one will open. Thinking of you.

Latest posts

Back