NEED STRESS RELIEVER IDEAS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy S.

Reaction score
WILL NOT GO INTO DETAIL OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED THIS LAST 12 MONTHS, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THINGS START TO GET BACK TO NORMAL AND THEN ANOTHER THING HAPPENS. I AM TOTALLY GETTING STRESSED AND FEEL LIKE I AM LOOSING IT. I AM THE TYPE THAT KEEP THINGS IN, I DON'T SHOW ANGER, MOST OF THE TIME I DON'T CRY UNTIL IT REALLY GETS TO BE TO MUCH AND I SEEM TO BEING DOING A LOT MORE OF IT LATELY. GREW UP BEING TOLD YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS.

PREFER NATURAL STRESS RELIEVERS. HELP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear your year hasn't been going good either.

For the Bath...

4 - 6" long sprigs of Fresh "Lemon balm" (its an herb)

Rinse in cold water and place in a bowl or such that can handle boiling water.

Boil some water and pour over the herbs, cover with wrap or plate to keep the steam in

Let it steep until luke warm , then take the sprigs out

Draw a bath and pour in.... relax in the bath and read a good book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Put two handfulls of real hops flowers in the underside of a pillow.. sleep on that at night.

Could stitch it into a cheese cloth.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Not sure if this is something you do... but

Handspinning fleece on my spinning wheel relaxes me

Doing a nice puzzle

Can't do it right now... but liked to take long walks in a quite wood with my mini's...sit there and watch all the wild birds flit about.

Reading a good book

Are just some of the things I do to relax.

Hubby likes to place computer games....

One of my friends likes to bake fresh bread... which she beats the c**** out of... not only does it make her feel better but she gets fresh bread too!! <LOL>

What do you like to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first of all, if you've seen any of my threads this year, you know that I have been thru the ringer several times this year (some I didnt even post about) !!! Talk about stress!!!

For me....these things helped...and not saying they will help for you, but...I hope whatever it is will 1) get better for you and 2) you find something that works to relieve stress when things happen.

1) Crying (seriously...you HAVE to let it out sometimes)

2) Talking to friends, family, therapist...whomever you feel comfortable confiding in)

3) Deep breathing...my therapist called this "square breathing"...a 4 second breath in...hold it for 4 seconds...let it out for 4 seconds...do not breath for 4 seconds...start again...do it until you feel the stress subside.

4) Lay down on your bed totally flat out, with light off, no music or TV and just close your eyes and feel your body relax...start at your head and work towards your toes.

5) Relax with your animals...talk to them..."connect"

Hope some of them work for you...Take care!

I can sure understand the statement/concept:

"I AM TOTALLY GETTING STRESSED AND FEEL LIKE I AM LOOSING IT. I AM THE TYPE THAT KEEP THINGS IN, I DON'T SHOW ANGER, MOST OF THE TIME I DON'T CRY UNTIL IT REALLY GETS TO BE TO MUCH AND I SEEM TO BEING DOING A LOT MORE OF IT LATELY. GREW UP BEING TOLD YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS."

I grew up in a similar sort of environment --- however I have discovered as I am growing older that the pent up anger and emotions are starting to leak out -- and not necessarily in appropriate ways (I am in therapy for that).

All the suggestions you have received are good for a temporary quik fix to help you deal with the moment. What you might consider is working on the underlying problem -- the long term fix. If you don't choose to work on it -- you will find health issues arising as you age - stress related -- shingles and other unpleasant things. Your body will deal with the stress and bottled up emotions one way or the other.

I highly recommend a good therapist/counselor -- I was surprised to find out that my insurance covers the appointments except for my copay -- in case you have similar insurance. My counselor has given me several good books to read and our sessions help a lot in talking it out.

Something else that helps a lot for me --- have a pillow fight -- either with a cooperative person --- or better yet -- with some inanimate object that you can beat up and not break/hurt. Think of the things that have happened and beat the object with the pillow -- saying out loud "I did not deserve that" or whatever you need to get out --- scream and shout (if you can without others hearing you and worrying) -- cry and let the emotions out. A Punching Bag works well too -- you can hurt yourself if you don't wear gloves.

For me -- being taught to control my emotions -- also came along with the strong need to control everything around me -- and of course not really being able to control any of it. What knocks me off base is when things happen that I can't control -- and they are things I don't want to happen. I am learning how to deal with that. Its a slow process.

Good luck.

JJay

you need to run right out and get yourself a couple of miniature donkeys. :aktion033: :aktion033:

ok so a lot of you will shake your heads at me but i am SO serious... there is nothing better at the end of a stressful day for me than to go home and sit in the donkey pen. i love my horses too but the donkeys seem to sense when i need them and they respond... they will come up and literally hug me, like they hug each other - putting their chin on you and leaning on you, just snuggling up.
default_wub.png
: and i feel better
default_yes.gif
:

even hubby can't compare :eek:

Sandy Im so sorry for you problems! Its been a stressful 2 years here and I am constantly asking myself "what can I do to lesson the stress in my life" Somethings cannot be controlled but some can. I have really been looking at my entire life and ways to simplify everything. Im thinking of you!

I think if its to how you are describing it a therapist might help.

That said I love to listen to Native American music. I have been major stressed all year as well, I listen to that it puts me out, so much so I had to shut it off on my drive to school this moring.........

I go to the gym and pound out some miles on the stair stepper and tread mill. Crank the music on the iPod and just burn off steam. Plus, I'm working on a killer butt!

I go to horse shows but unfortunately there are not enough of them, You should go see a Doctor, I had to, my blood pressure was so high she put me on a anti anxiety med to get it down. If you can find something natural that's great. Good Luck to you, Kathy

Some of the things that work well for me:

• Taking a walk
  • Time with the horses just petting / hugging them, vs. trying to "do" anything with them
  • Watching a sit-com that I can just laugh at w/o having to pay a lot of attention or "think" too hard
  • Crying if I'm really stressed
  • Long hot bath with an adult beverage
  • Talking to someone about what is upsetting you. Just getting it off your chest can help a lot sometimes.

Sandy,,, if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk with. I am here...just let me know.

Latest posts

Back