Need some ideas and help sleeping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Anybody got some ideas on what can help you sleep?

I wish I did Ashley. It's now 2:40 am and I'm not a bit tired. I'll go to bed at around 4-5 am fall asleep around 5-6 then get up at 9 am. Been like this for years and years. Have you tried the herbal teas? Some people swear by them, but they never helped me. I'll be watching this thread for something I haven't tried yet.

Ashley --

Melatonin helps me sleep. You can get it at the drug store and most grocery stores around here BUT when I use it for a period of time (like a couple weeks), I start having nightmares and it's supposed to possibly cause you to feel depressed, so I don't know that it's a good idea. It does not make you feel dopey or sleepy the next morning the way sleeping pills can.

Stay away from caffiene for 6 hours before you want to go to sleep. I do not trust "caffiene free" colas. I think they still have caffiene in them.

Jill

My husband takes an herbal remedy called St. John's Wort which works really well. You can take in on a continuous basis and it works better that way. It is also a mild anti-depressant and shouldn't be taken if you are on any other anti-depressants.

If your problem is that you can't get your brain to "turn off", try getting up and get a piece of paper and pen and WRITE DOWN whatever is whirling around in your brain.

What this does, is you see physically that it is being listed and you won't have to worry about forgetting it if you fall asleep, so it leaves you free to go ahead and sleep! Works for me, jespecially when we have big projects going on that keep me occupied thinking of all the little things that must be done.

Heidi

Well for some reason this job is playing a big part of my sleeping ability. NO matter what time I go to bed I am up at 9 am on this shift.

Normally this time of the year I dont have any problems sleeping.

As much as I hate working days, at least I have a normal sleep pattern.

There's another thread on white noise machines - I ended up getting one at Target last week for $12.95 -- I cannot TELL you how much it has helped me sleep!!!
aktion033.gif

For me if I work out in the evenings (walk, jog, or do weights) then I tend to sleep very sound.

Latest posts

Back