Need Some Help Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Gray Heart Mini Horse

Reaction score
I WAS LOOKING THOUGH MY NEW MARES PAPERS AND FOUND A UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS

THERES WHATS CALLED A GENETIC MARKER AND WHAT IS IT FOR

HERES THE INFO UNDER THE GENETIC MARKER:

LOCUS TYPE LOCUS TYPE

AHT4 H AHT5 O

AME X ASB17 NT

ASB2 MO ASB23 IU

HMS3 MP HMS6 MP

HMS7 MN HTG10 K

HTG4 NP LEX3 N

LEX33 GL VHL20 M

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just DNA info to identify your horse. It will show who the parents are. It is compared to DNA results from the parents to confirm them as parents. It is not the color results that are sometime requested.

Last edited by a moderator:
O ok was just wondering if thats all it was as I'm curios if my mare is donim for the paint gene as i know shes had paint babies but now she had a sorrel paint colt this year by a blue roan paint but had paint babies before as thats what the old owner told me.

O ok was just wondering if thats all it was as I'm curios if my mare is donim for the paint gene as i know shes had paint babies but now she had a sorrel paint colt this year by a blue roan paint but had paint babies before as thats what the old owner told me.
I know you're new so don't take this wrong. I'm just trying to help out. It's pinto gene not paint. Paint is a breed registry while Pinto is a color registry ( sort of like AMHR is a height registry). Since Paint is a breed registry, there are NO mini Paints but we can get registered Pinto.

Back