Need references for shipper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotahMoon_Ranch

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a shipper to do an almost literally last minute shipping for me and while I'm not getting a ton of responses (the time frame is kind of tight), I don't know a thing about the one I did hear from. I've used some well known (and loved) ones and I just don't know about this other company. Also it has been a long time since I've had a horse shipped, can anyone tell me what the 'going rate' is (per mile)? The quote they gave me seems a bit steep, but I might be just thinking of past costs - and I know gas is higher than it has ever been in most places....just an idea of what you've paid recently would be great.

The shipper is We Haul Horses, Inc. (they don't have a 'testimonial' page on their site).

Thanks in advance.

the lowest quote i could get from anyone to haul a mini from Indiana to maine was like $600 or there abouts.. I think that broke down to over $.50 a mile. short hauls usually are far more expensive per mile than long hauls with prof shippers but i don't think i've found anyone that does it for less than that in the past year or two

lol kari..i think i got my highest quote from then when i was looking to get jet home.... they even already had a trip to maine schedualed... :new_shocked:

Have you tried All State Horse Express

they were good for us on a last minute they had room and were going our way

was very pleased with the service and care of the horse although it was a short trip just 1 day on the trailer from pa to nj

All State

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hill,

That stinks! Sorry, we got a decent price from them for one of the Mustangs. YES they even did a Mustang.

lol kari..i think i got my highest quote from then when i was looking to get jet home.... they even already had a trip to maine schedualed... :new_shocked:

Thanks guys,

Boinky your price (mile wise) is actually about 12 cents cheaper per mile than I was quoted....but with the tight time frame it was the only quote I got and I posted an ad on the transport board as well as emailing every transporter on the Transportation connect board that had a website or email address listed.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back