Need name help for our new filly....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStar

Reaction score
OK so those of you creative people we need some name ideas. She is a buckskin filly and we really like the call name Juliet but that is not set in stone. Parents are

Be Bops Leader Of The Pack

MMS Echos Spirit Alibi

Don't mind using Buckeroo in there somewhere either if it works. Any ideas welcome. She is a VERY pretty and feminine filly and we think she is VERY nice!!

Thanks in advance!! Here she is. She is quite the little pistol. Very full of herself!!

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can post a picture of her for us to help spur some ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be Bops Buckaroo Spirit

BlueStars Buckaroo Spirit or Leader

BlueStars Buckeroo Juliet

She's a cutie!
default_wub.png

Bluestars Buckeroo Baby

Bluestars Buckeroo Jade

Bluestars Miss Buckeroo

Bluestars She's Show Fine

Here are a few. I love coming up with names.
default_smile.png

Are you sure she's buckskin?

Looks more grulla to me in these pics.
default_wink.png

What color are her parents?

I might be alone, but *I* don't like horses with registered names that have "Buckeroo" or "Buckaroo" UNLESS they came from Little King Farms and/or are directly related to The Great Buckeroo..... IMHO, it is kind of annoying and confusing - But I may be the only one.
default_rolleyes.gif

I might be alone, but *I* don't like horses with registered names that have "Buckeroo" or "Buckaroo" UNLESS they came from Little King Farms and/or are directly related to The Great Buckeroo..... IMHO, it is kind of annoying and confusing - But I may be the only one.
default_rolleyes.gif

IMO
default_unsure.png
Sorry if I step on any toes as I dont mean too but this is kind-of a pet-peeve to me also...
default_unsure.png
I too agree with you Midnight Star Stables. I only think that if you have a direct son or daughter or grandget... that you should be able to use another horses name in a name as it seems like the "Buckeroo" is getting WAY overused. I think too many folks use it for buyers to take a 2nd look at their minis when up for sale. A horse should'nt be bought because of thier name but because of their quality. Not saying that this maybe the case and many folks love Buckeroo and are proud to have the bloodline... just that I know that their are folks out there that maybe doing this for that reason. Folks need to start using their imaginations when naming their horses. I own 2 Buckeroo granddaughters and want my own names for their foals... Otherwise you have a beautiful foal and good luck with the naming! ALSO... Pat Elder has came up with a online book of baby names for minis with over 10,000 names in it for only $12. I got it and it has LOTS of awesome names that you cam mix-n-match to come up with that perfect name.
default_laugh.png

Bluestar's Free Spirit

Bluestar's Follow My Lead

Bluestar Juliet's Alibi

:love :love :love Whatever you name her, she's a cutey!

Congratulations! She's beautiful.
default_wub.png

Some names ideas:

1. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Spirit Shines Bright[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Leading Lady[/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Leading Jewel[/SIZE]

4. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Jewel of Hearts[/SIZE]

5. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Romancing the Stone[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Aint Got No Alibi[/SIZE]

7. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Leading the Way[/SIZE]

8. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star She’s All That[/SIZE]

9. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Prima Donna[/SIZE]

10. [SIZE=10pt]Blue Star Center Stage[/SIZE]

She is super pretty!! What about Spirit of Juliet or Spirited Juliet? Congratulations!!

My hunch is that the "Echo" in the parent name is for Buck Echo... so that filly has Buckeroo breeding is my hunch
default_yes.gif

My hunch is that the "Echo" in the parent name is for Buck Echo... so that filly has Buckeroo breeding is my hunch
default_yes.gif
You are quite right Jill. Her dam is by TenL Echos Captive Spirit, a Buck Echo son so she has Buckeroo breeding!!
default_yes.gif
I really think that she has a lot of the Buckeroo traits. Especially now. It is so hard to show that on cameras!!

Thanks for all the great name ideas. We are considering them all. We also like Exquisite Jewel, Rare Jewel, Brilliant Jewel so we'll see. Should have some kind of name in a day or 2.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back