Need Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
Hubby and I have been working on my dream barn for a year. We are just doing last minute touches. I have 2 foaling stalls with 3 solid wood walls and are looking for Ideas for some sort of washable liner for the walls. Need something about 3 foot tall to attach to the walls that is very washable. Also, does anybody know who was selling horse head post toppers on sale board? Thanks everyone, cant wait to show pics, I"m sooooooo excited! It is so hard to go in the house now and leave the barn. :bgrin

If you have a local auto body shop, ask them if they have a spare catalog for paint shop supples. There are painting systems that are pretty much what you want. Snap or slide together wall units that can be the height you need, washable and since they are for paint, they handle urine well. Also, since they dont have the horsey pricetag, a WHOLE lot cheaper. You can probably do a search online as well. THink best key words would be paint booth or sprayer booth. Good luck!

Your best bet to cover the wood walls is vinyl flooring. Actually, that's what I'm about to do in my foaling stall. We have a store and some left over vinyl. Be sure you get the exact adhesive though. Get a flooring that is a "full spread" where you have to put the adhesive on the whole thing, not just the edges.

I used to sell the horse head toppers but I'm out. It's probably Sandy from Sanjis Cherished Miniatures

She's awesome. She's in Indiana

I have used recycled plastic to line the walls of my kennel and wash room for my horses. It is very durable and easy to clean. You can either get it in a roll or 4' x 8' sheets. You can choose from three different thicknesses, 1/16/ 1/8 or 1/4".

I know that Farm Tek carries it as alot of dairies line their walls with it. In the last few years I have been able to find it at Orschelins and save on shipping.

The rolls of it are kind of akward to put up and tend to warp. I use the sheets as they are easy to cut and look better once installed. One other advantage is they will last forever- waterproof with no repainting. Good luck with your new barn, Peg

I forgot to ad- to put the recycled plastic up, all you need to do is screw it to the walls. No glue or adhesive needed. They also have channel strips to connect two pieces and corners strips if you want a finished look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farmtek (website in previous post) has a white plastic board called polymax. Our hog barn and part of the cattle barn is lined with it. My husband and his father swear by it. It is super easy to powerwash is easy to cut to size.

Farmtek (website in previous post) has a white plastic board called polymax. Our hog barn and part of the cattle barn is lined with it. My husband and his father swear by it. It is super easy to powerwash is easy to cut to size.

That is the stuff I was talking about, I couldn't remember what Farm Tek called it. Again, if you can find the recycled plastic sheets at a farm supply store such as Orschelins, it is alot cheaper than having it shipped. But, I do love Farm Tek. Always knowledgeable, friendly folks and they ship fast.

The material you are looking for I believe is called UHMW (ultra high molecular white) it is a polystyrene used in all food industry it is FDA approved you may be more used to seeing it used as a plastic cutting board. Here in Canada I purchase it from Plastics dealers or wholesalers. It can be had from film thicknes on up to sheets several inches thick hope this helps.

Maybe you could use the sheets they sell at HomeDepot that go on your bathroom walls. They are very inexpensive and easy to use. I have them in my basement in the furnance room. I think they were under 15.00 each. They are 6 foot by 3 foot I think. Joyce

Latest posts

Back