Need horse inspected for AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The annoying thing is i was told 18 months ago i could hardship this mare.I had to wait until she was five years old and i would just have time before they closed the book it was one of the reason's i purchased her.....

Then when i emailed the AMHA last week to ask if i could do it sooner being they have brought forward the permanent paper age...(i was told i had to wait until she was five years old originally).

They said no not possible to hardship horses outside the US since 2007!!!!!!!! so why was i told otherwise.....very annoying.....i really love this mare so she will be staying but i may not of purchased her had i got the right answer in the first place...because although she will be breed to my AMHA stallions i wont be able to register her foals amha..

I am a member of the AMHA and i think this is wrong wrong wrong...

I cant hardship her with the AMHR unless she is AMHA registered ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
default_wacko.png
if anyone know's different please let me know thanks..

I am curious who told you you could hardship your mare- the AMHA or the seller? Did the AMHA know 18 months ago you were overseas? If you have something in writing from the AMHA that says you could hardship your overseas mare (18 months ago), perhaps you should send that info back to the AMHA for them to look at.

Is your mare registered with any outcross that R would recognize?

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got an email from yet another director who will be here next weekend and can inspect this mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOT DOG!!!!!!!! I was originally told by someone here that he would not be here, however his wife contacted me via email and said he would be, so called AMHA back and getting this rolling!!!! I AM SO HAPPY I CAN GET THIS DONE!!!
I still think that an annual clinic would be very helpful to folks and will still suggest that in case it might be considered by them.

Sorry about your troubles overseas.... I didnt know that horses overseas could not be registered.

Glad it is all working out for you, Laurie.

I, too, think your annual clinic idea is a good one and could be very helpful. Please pass on this info to the director who is coming to your show.

I was just thinking that maybe you can put out the word that this director will be at the show and can do the hardshipping check - perhaps there are others in your area that would benefit from this convenience also? Maybe your local club could send out an email or ????

Susan, if you find out anything about your hardshipping this summer let me know
default_smile.png
. If it is in my direction we might be able to combine some efforts. I need to check further myself with the AMHA.

Whatever I can figure out, I'll let you know, Becky!

Susan O.

The annoying thing is i was told 18 months ago i could hardship this mare.I had to wait until she was five years old and i would just have time before they closed the book it was one of the reason's i purchased her.....

Then when i emailed the AMHA last week to ask if i could do it sooner being they have brought forward the permanent paper age...(i was told i had to wait until she was five years old originally).

They said no not possible to hardship horses outside the US since 2007!!!!!!!! so why was i told otherwise.....very annoying.....i really love this mare so she will be staying but i may not of purchased her had i got the right answer in the first place...because although she will be breed to my AMHA stallions i wont be able to register her foals amha..

I cant hardship her with the AMHR unless she is AMHA registered ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
default_wacko.png

I am curious who told you you could hardship your mare- the AMHA or the seller? Did the AMHA know 18 months ago you were overseas? If you have something in writing from the AMHA that says you could hardship your overseas mare (18 months ago), perhaps you should send that info back to the AMHA for them to look at.

I was told by the AMHA that i could hardship this mare and yes they did know i was overseas, they told me i could get my mare checked by someone that is in Madrid...

I do still have the e.mail, so your right maybe i will contact them and see what they say..

My mare is Falabella on her Dams side and AMHA on her Sires side. I belive i can register her with the AMHR if she has falabella papers.

I can get her registered falabella blend but im not sure if thats good enough.....?

I would be happy to have her registered with the AMHR , one of my Stallions is AMHA and AMHR registered so i would be able to register the foals ....

default_wacko.png

I was told by the AMHA that i could hardship this mare and yes they did know i was overseas, they told me i could get my mare checked by someone that is in Madrid...

I do still have the e.mail, so your right maybe i will contact them and see what they say..

My mare is Falabella on her Dams side and AMHA on her Sires side. I belive i can register her with the AMHR if she has falabella papers.

I can get her registered falabella blend but im not sure if thats good enough.....?

I would be happy to have her registered with the AMHR , one of my Stallions is AMHA and AMHR registered so i would be able to register the foals ....
Good luck to you- hope you get something resolved.

I hope you get your overseas issue resolved too.

Pam in the office at AMHA has been great to work with and is helping me through this as much as she can. (But then, she has always been good to work with). I have mailed off all my required paperwork to be overnighted to her on Monday afternoon, so she can do what she needs to with the person coming to inspect. I think, now that I actually have an inspector that will be here, that this will all go smoothly!

I am for the closing harshipping, has R not already done that?, but as the rule states should stand.

So glad everything has worked out for you and hope the same for Spain.

I do understand this closing R horses to A incase a mare has gone over, it is always more possible for the offspring to breed over, and I do not want horses that could go over 34",

It is always possible with ones that are small to begin with.

Just my opinion.

Also in the long run, our A and R horses will start being worth more, always can hope the trend changes....

Not trying to start anything just my opinion.
default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png

Thanks, if i get it sorted i will let you know....wont hold my breath though..
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back