Need honest opinons, Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have a really hard time not driving by and sneaking a peek.
default_biggrin.png
I can't WAIT to hear the news on this guy! Good luck!

Oh I would want to get int he truck and go see him now!!
default_biggrin.png
Sounds like your husband knows its a done deal thats why he wants to go tonight!!
default_biggrin.png
I hope he is all you want...

I just got my 1st mini-Giddy, he was 14 months old when I got him and a stallion, I told the prev owner I was gonna geld him immediately and he said thats fine but Giddy is so sweet ( doesnt act like a stallion) that I wouldnt worry about gelding...

Giddy was as sweet as could be BEFORE the gelding but is even sweeter SINCE being gelded!! I just didnt want him to get his hormones and turn into a butt, when I'm not breeding, why have a stallion?

I have heard if they are older ( as this boy is ) it takes awhile to get the stallion tendencies out of them..

Good Luck and I cant wait to see pix of him, I think you are bringing him home tonight!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I would have a really hard time not driving by and sneaking a peek.
default_biggrin.png
I can't WAIT to hear the news on this guy! Good luck!
I am in a bit of a jam... He took my car to work today.. And he plowed before we went to work, so he has all the other truck keys on him.. i have a set, but it is locked in the garage, as he has these keys, too.. He didn't think we would get much snow, so didn't wake up early enough, so he was running(driving around like a chicken with his head cut off this morning, to get his plow jobs done before work.(he had to be to work by 7:00 am and it is a 45 min. drive to work.. had 5 driveways to plow..) If my car was here I would have been over there snapping the pic's.. Of all days not to have a vehcile :DOH!

Heck, I might have even put him in my car.. Do you think a mini would fit in the back seat of a Seabring???

Edited to add... # 1 reason to bring him home, just thought of it.. My birthday is Friday.. The perfect present
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited to add... # 1 reason to bring him home, just thought of it.. My birthday is Friday.. The perfect present
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

Oh you got him now, no hubby can resist a Birthday Present
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_ohnoes.jpg
Just to let you know, still haven't seen the stallion yet. Hubby didn't get home until after 8:00 and with the new snow down(not a lot) she wanted me to wait till tomorrow. Hubby's shift got changed and is now on nights, we are going in the morning to see him.. Paul just keeps asking, if I know what I am getting into
default_rolleyes.gif
And my answer just has been, we have to see him and we will go from there
default_whistling.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting! I loved reading all your posts...this is a nailbiter for sure
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! Good luck Girl!

and btw, vets here quote $120-$150 but when all is said and done it has ended up being around $70 total for us.

I just want to say BE CAREFUL.

I bought a stallion that was alone and he was perfectly behaved until I got him home. He wanted to breed and nothing would stop him. My mare was not in heat either. I hope you have some good electric fence because if he has breeding in mind, the fence won't stop him. These were all things I was warned about and I ignored it as I had to see for myself. It was a disaster and I ended up giving the stallion away as I had nowhere to separate them. I thought that my mare would keep him at bay, but she tried and her attempts were futile. If he gets in with one of your mares, look out.

I too had never owned a stallion, and it was an eye opening experience I can tell you. I am out the purchase cost and had bite wounds to treat on my mare. It was the worst thing I had ever witnessed.

Due to his age he most likely will retain stallion characteristics, so you will have your hands full at least 6 months after gelding.

Good luck...don't let being excited over rule logic!

And, you know, it isn't that much trouble to take care of JUST one more.
default_biggrin.png
I was reading thru this thread and came across this line by Warpony....ha ha ha, I remember saying the same thing when we had 2 so we could get 3, then to get 4....then you turn around and one day you have twenty something and yes it is much more trouble!
default_new_shocked.gif
But for us, worth it
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back