Need help finding the right size harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwest2u2

Reaction score
I need some advise, I bought a 37" driving horse, my largest was 34", I never thought in my wildest dreams I would have so much trouble buying him a harness. I just want to do some open shows and pleasure driving. I took his measurements and ordered a harness. It came, no way was it going to fit him. So I sent it back and they sent me a pony one. It fits better in some areas (saddle), but others is way too big! The bridle is too big all over, he shook his head and it fell off. We can't take it down enough. Does anyone have an idea as what to do or where to order a large mini harness. Most places I call tell me theres are one size fits all
default_no.gif
. Well not on this boy. Summer is coming and I want to drive him.

Try mini express I have found they have the best in size options I got a harness for our 29 inch mini (XS) and they have a mini XL which fits my larger build 38 inch horse. I ended up buying a nice used Smuckers but a friend has the mini express larger harness and we used that on my mare no problem

Can you send me an email with the vendors you have tried and the ones you haven't? I'm really pretty surprised to hear they're all telling you "one size fits all." That's crap, if you'll pardon my French!
default_rolleyes.gif
Are you looking for a show-style harness or one with breeching?

Leia

Estate Horse Supply will definitely help you get a custom fit on your horse. Just give Ken and Cindy a call. I am sure they will be at the Area VIII show this weekend, don't know if you will be coming over for that?

http://www.horsecarts.com

Their harness is beautifully made.

Thanks everyone for the help. I have had someone contact me that wants to help get him the right harness. So I will be ordering an other one soon for him. I keep you posted.

Back