Need color help????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auledasacres

Reaction score
When this guy was born you all said chestnut maybe sorrel. Well I shaved him down and he looks just like his daddy whom is a palamino other than his tail has 2 colors. He also has blue eyes, not blue eyes like a cremello more blue/grey, light. I just sent the paperwork in and put chestnut down.

I will include some pictures of him and one of is sire. What do you think??? Dam is sorrel out of a buckskin and a dun. Sire is again Palamino.

Thanks

Traci and Family

flash.jpg
sire:

7c51f429.jpg

046f2503.jpg

Sorry for my spelling it has been a long day here.
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

That is what a freshly clipped sorrel looks like. As he grows his coat back in, it will come in redder again.

In that picture, his sire looks more silver bay to me, than palomino, as does the colt. Do you have a picture that more clearly shows the sire's lower legs, in summer coat?

In that picture, his sire looks more silver bay to me, than palomino, as does the colt. Do you have a picture that more clearly shows the sire's lower legs, in summer coat?

I would agree and think from those pics he is a silver bay

I don't think the sire is Silver Bay I think he is a pretty typical Palomino + Sooty BUT I do think the colt might be Silver Bay, I thought so in the foal pictures before he was clipped.

Clipping does nothing to help identify the true colour of a foal in fact it often makes it more difficult.

The only coat that actually matters, in colour identification, is the real shed out naturally, coat.
default_yes.gif
:

Pretty foal, even if I do preferr them unclipped!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Not sure about the sire.
default_unsure.png
: But the colt does appear to be a Silver Bay to me.
default_yes.gif
:

Back