Need Clippers Serviced

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
My Double K clippers need to be serviced. The blades don't seem to to set in them right. Can anyone recommend someone I can send them to to be fixed?

Thanks!!

Never had any work done by him, but Rob is a forum member who deals with clippers and should be able to get you going in the right direction.

His web page is: Clipper Barn

I tried that, but we didn't seem to be able to work it out. Does anyone know another company that services Double K's?

We always use Ft Worth Shaver and have never had any problems at all with them.

My friend just had that problem, my husband looked at them and if you have your manual, it tells you how to take off the part that hold the blades in place and replace it. Its only like 2.50 for the part. Her blades wouldnt lock in place anymore.

If you need anymore help pm me Ill try to help you. If you dont have the manual I believe you can download it from the company. Kathy

Thanks, everyone!!

Kathy....mine didn't come with a manual really. It was just one piece of paper. I'll try to see if I can download some info somewhere. I think I probably caused the problem in the first place. For some reason, I just have a problem putting the blades on the Double K's. Love how they clip when they were working, but there has got to be an easier way or I'm just a doofus!!

lvponies said:
Thanks, everyone!!
Kathy....mine didn't come with a manual really.  It was just one piece of paper.  I'll try to see if I can download some info somewhere.  I think I probably caused the problem in the first place.  For some reason, I just have a problem putting the blades on the Double K's.  Love how they clip when they were working, but there has got to be an easier way or I'm just a doofus!!

483907[/snapback]

Yup, my friends like that too..very small writing too have to put on the old glasses to read it, If I remember right it is called the clipper latch or just the latch, it gets bent pretty easy, she has only used hers maybe 15 times, but they do cut awesome. I think we removed a metal plate had 2 screws and it is a small black piece under the plate that holds the blades in place. Hope this helps, I can give you the name of the place she ordered the part from if you like. kathy

Kathy...I would appreciate knowing where your friend ordered the part from. I've googled for clipper repair and labor for repairs seems to start at around $30.00. Of course, that doesn't include parts or shipping!
wacko.gif
I'd rather try with a $2.50 part and see if that fixes the problem. I'm not real handy, but hubby is.
rolleyes.gif

Check where your blade closes down on the clipper head. There is a small black flat metal piece that should have a hook on it. This hook holds the blade closed during operation. You should push the end of it to latch and unlatch the blade.

It's called a blade latch and is easy to replace if you know what you're doing. I usually replace it, the blade holder, the blade lever and the grease pads several times a year.

Ft Worth shaver has all the parts for KK clippers. Just call them and tell them what you need and they will help you out.

smile.gif

lvponies said:
Kathy...I would appreciate knowing where your friend ordered the part from.  I've googled for clipper repair and labor for repairs seems to start at around $30.00.  Of course, that doesn't include parts or shipping! 
wacko.gif
  I'd rather try with a $2.50 part and see if that fixes the problem.  I'm not real handy, but hubby is. 
rolleyes.gif

483945[/snapback]

Its called the Animal grooming shop. They are very nice. Mom and Pop deal. Email: [email protected] Web site: animalgroomingshop.nu

Al B said:
Check where your blade closes down on the clipper head. There is a small black flat metal piece that should have a hook on it. This hook holds the blade closed during operation. You should push the end of it to latch and unlatch the blade.
It's called a blade latch and is easy to replace if you know what you're doing. I usually replace it, the blade holder,  the blade lever and the grease pads several times a year.

Ft Worth shaver has all the parts for KK clippers.  Just call them and tell them what you need and they will help you out.

smile.gif

483950[/snapback]

Thats exactly right, you put it much better than I did!
aktion033.gif
Kathy

I only let Double K work on my Double K clippers!!! They do a GREAT job!

Double K Industries

818-345-8078 or 800-821-9449 fax: 818-886-0218

9711 Mason Ave., Chatsworth, CA 91311

Liz R.

P.S. If you need a clipper latch, PM me - I have some extras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all very much!! I used these things probably less then 10 times. They've been sitting in a box for probably close to a year unused. About time I got them fixed so I can use them again.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back