Need Bitting Rig

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
I need a bitting rig.............one that is heavy duty, and can fit a 46" Hackney with a larger girth, and a 40" Shetland with a small girth?????????

Anyone know where I can find one of these.

Haven't checked out what's there lately, but have you asked Dale Lutke? He makes hackney and shetland stuff, pretty sure I saw bitting rigs too.

Andrea

I've always gotten mine from LaSalle. They're a bit pricey, but superbly made and I can almost guarantee that you will still be using it in 15 years if you take care of it. Also, they are usually will to custom make almost anything if you have an issue with size which can be a godsend for working with the Shetlands.

I believe Dale Lutke makes them also, Im just not a fan of biothane. Id much rather have real leather- seems so much easier to work with for me and feels like it would be less likely to rub a horse when sweating and working hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is Pricey and where can I find??? Also what type of bridle does it come with??

ROB

Lasalle Harness Love to browse that site!!
default_yes.gif
:

Yeah that is a sight alright, a little too rich for my blood at the moment though..............BUT WOW.

And have you checked out a HUNT FINE HARNESS................I am dying

Back