Need an easy website to build

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Hus wants me to build a website for the family business....that's hilarious I told him; I don't have a clue. I don't have those kinds of brains! But he wants me to try. I don't do HTML, are you kidding me???? But ok I'll try one with no HTML. I have looked at soooooooo many I wouldn't know which one to choose and who has the best bang for the buck. I don't want to go shopping for a domain name over here and a website over there, I need the whole package together. So here is what I need:

1. CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP!

2. NO pop up ads

3. No html

4. So simple a computer dummie like me can figure it out

5. Online support or a toll free number I can call for support

Suggestions please!

I took a web design course at the local night college. There were some students there that just wanted an easy website (didn't really want to get into all the coding like I did). He actually introduced us to a great website. http://www.wordpress.com. It actually more in the style of a blog. But you can pick out page layouts, etc. Then have several pages (home, sales, about us, etc.). So it looks like a website, but its designed and added to like a blog (if that makes sense). So type in what you want, add pics, etc. and it'll do the work for you. You can also buy a domain name for like $10 or just have yours but it has wordpress in it. Easy downloadable program. Its free and can look very proffessional and no one would know its more a blog then a website. Hope I'm making sense??

I liked homestead, it was very simple, like putting together a newsletter & had some already made up so all you had to do was change out the text. You can buy a domain name also. They use to have a free 30 day trial at

www.homestead.com

Good luck Marty, with your decorating & writing skills, I am sure it will be awesome!

Debbie

Marty,

Did you not do your farm website? If so, it's very nice. You don't give yourself enough credit.

Freeservers is perfect for me. I know nothing about HTML either...and don't need to with them. It is cheap, actually free if you don't mind pop-ups...which I hate...so I pay...and they usually have domain name specials. :)

I know mine needs some serious updating, but with dial-up, and an old computer...sigh... But we should have hi-speed by the end of November...and I will be hitting my website with gusto, and tons of new pictures.
default_smile.png

I use freewebs and it is real simple - They have a lot of layouts, many set up for any type of business you offer. Its easy to edit .. add pages .. move pages around ext.

I purchased a domain name for $3 and that is all I have ever actually had to pay....

Back