need a prayer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsy

Reaction score
This morning our Dreamer went into labor, she wasn't due until May 27. Nothing was emerging, I called the equine hospital and told them I was on my way. We arrived 40 minutes later, her water had broken. They checked her and ran her straight into the surgery room, half hour later they finally got the little black and white pinto colt out. The mare had a uterine infection that had caused the placenta to release from the uterus prematurely which had caused the death of the foal in-utero. Because the foal was dead he was not positioned for delivery. Dreamer should be ok. They need to clear up the infection but they said there is no reason why she couldn't be bred again. I'm lucky in that we have a facility so close. I have found it better to not fool around and call my vet and let too much time go by, but just load them up when there is a problem that I can't handle and get them to the hospital as fast as possible. It has saved a few mares reproductive abilities and even a foal that they were able to deliver alive. This just isn't the way to start out our foaling season. I got one I'm watching on the monitor, she's three days past due. A prayer for Dreamers speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I'm so sorry for your lost foal, but happy that dreamer will be okay. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers for her speedy recovery.

So very sorry......I know how hard it is......
default_sad.png
Prayers for you & your mare, I hope she has a speedy recovery!

I am so sorry to hear about your foal, it always hurts so much to lose one. My foaling season hasnt started out the greatest either..on Sunday, I had a maiden mare who had a red bag delivery, I was there in seconds. I had her under the camera and my equipage on her, I was able to get the baby out, but his cord was twisted so badly, and I lost him.My mare is doing fine, and dont even act like she lost her baby. I am watching another 3 right now. I do the same --by the time it takes a vet to get to my house, I can load them up and trailer them to the nearest clinic about 1 hour away, I know alot can happen in one hour, but its the chance I would have to take. Corinne

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that your mare will make a complete recovery.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Dreamers baby. I bet it would have been beautiful. A prayewr is coming your way for Dreamer and for you. It will get better. I lost two to early aborts but now have had 4 healthy, happy little ones. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

Ginny StP

Hey Melanie, check out my Avatar!!

Prayers for Dreamer to recover quickly. Hugs to all.

Jodi

default_unsure.png
: Oh, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss! Best of wishes to your mare's recovering!

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences on your loss (and your sure-to-be huge vet bill too, always an extra kick when you are feeling down, sigh....)

Glad to hear that Dreamer is doing ok.

A prayer for Dreamers speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
My prayers for both you and Dreamer... having lost one last year I know what it is like...my Independence did not acknowledge her lost foal either... she sniffed it and just seemed thankful she was not laboring to get an upside down, head turned back foal out anymore. We lost a grey filly. :no:

We had to deal with a retained placenta that did not want to come out until she was infused and a course of antibiotics to follow... but I am so grateful today I got to watch her running and playing hard with her best buddy, Freedom. Losing foals is very hard but if I lost a mare who I knew and loved it would be devastating - as devastating as our loss of Liberty in 2004.

Denise

Silversong Farm

So sorry! We have lost several too early foals this year, iits no fun at all. Glad the mare is ok.

I am sorry for losing the colt, but am very glad that your mare is doing okay........

MA

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope your mare recovers quickly.

Debi

So sorry for the loss of the colt. :no: Adding my prayers to the others that the mare will recover quickly.

Back