Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
I must be blind..cant seem to find them listed...please dont tell me i missed them.

does anyone know if Keely( from Florida ) and I think his name is Topper or something like that will be there...or if she is showing at all this year. Such an exciting class to watch!!

Sorry, but they all all over. The last one was last night. Very enjoyable to watch!

I know she didn't show in chariot. She even sold her chariot. But she was here.

Chariot classes were awesome this year.

I must be blind..cant seem to find them listed...please dont tell me i missed them.

does anyone know if Keely( from Florida ) and I think his name is Topper or something like that will be there...or if she is showing at all this year. Such an exciting class to watch!!
You are asking about Keely Zeeler and Tippy Toes...If I am wrong I am sorry but I think Keely was showing a b/w.. They took Reserve in the chariot race last night. Tippy is an awesome mare but she didn't get to bring her this year as she pulled something and had to stay home, But Keely was spectacular as always. They did something different this year in that class.

They had two horses start fron opposite ends of the arena and they had to go 2ce around to their mark and they were timed ..the one with the best time won..Keelys horse ran circles around everyone but had to do a face off and she gave out on the second lap of round 2. Thus the reserve..

You are asking about Keely Zeeler and Tippy Toes...If I am wrong I am sorry but I think Keely was showing a b/w.. They took Reserve in the chariot race last night. Tippy is an awesome mare but she didn't get to bring her this year as she pulled something and had to stay home, But Keely was spectacular as always. They did something different this year in that class.

They had two horses start fron opposite ends of the arena and they had to go 2ce around to their mark and they were timed ..the one with the best time won..Keelys horse ran circles around everyone but had to do a face off and she gave out on the second lap of round 2. Thus the reserve..
That was not her. I know I got them confused with as well. She was Kala Price showing Painted Deserts Macho Angelina.

The class you are talking about is called Single Roman Chariot Race. I saw it done at DuQoin last month and I felt like when they did it then was safer. They made them stay way too close to the rail over here. They still have the regular chariot classes but this was the first year to try the race. It was pretty exciting to watch.

You are right Jamie. I watched from the stands and worried a little about how close to the wall they came. However, I have a problem with the placings. It mattered not to me who won, but I always thought on a timed event, the winning time won. Not so, it seems. I was told the judges decided that to create some excitement, they would have the two fastest times have a run-off. Now the black and white pinto just finished a full out run two times around the arena, which is very large. The first horse had time to rest and get it's wind back. I really couldn't believe they were going to ask the mare to rerun right then. Kala had the fastest time in the first place, and in my humble opinion she should have been the winner. If they wanted to have a run-off, seems to me they could have waited 2 or 3 classes and let both horses catch their breath. I am a little surprised, with all the 'horse people' in the ring that no one said anything.

Pam

Oh no now Im really bummed out about missing it...it sure sounds like it was exciting.

Yes, Tippy...hes the one Keeley showed in the past...I just love that little guy!! so much heart and great training!!

although I wasnt able watch...I would also like to think that it would only be fair to let BOTH horses rest abit before having another race. hopefully next year they will change the format a little....and maybe I will remember to watch too!!

Thanks everyone for letting me at least feel the excitment!!

Lets see if that worked. This is a picture of my horse Super Dude! real name Careys Kuel Micro Dude 28" tall.

Super Dude seemed to be the crowd favorite. We even had kids stop by to take their picture with him! Even though during the race he was last place he left the arena with a standing ovation from the crowd. He is a tiny horse with a heart of gold. He does not know the meaning of quit.

IMG_2440.JPG

This is the 2011 National Champion team. Owned by Jan Toby, I was very excited to drive this team for her. I hope I get to do it again next year.

Jans Pic.jpg

I enjoyed watching the chariot races. I felt bad for the horse in the face off that was too tired to race. You could tell it just couldn't give anymore, poor thing.

keulqhs- That's a great picture! What a handsome little horse you have.

Kuel, thanks for the pictures...look at your little Dude go....I can see why he'd be a favorite!!

Well it looks like Jan picked a great driver to go w/her great little team....congratulations!! how big were her/you horses in the team?...they look under too.

Kuel, thanks for the pictures...look at your little Dude go....I can see why he'd be a favorite!!

Well it looks like Jan picked a great driver to go w/her great little team....congratulations!! how big were her/you horses in the team?...they look under too.
I'm not real sure I can ask her but if I were to guess I'd say 32 ish

Hi all, I am kuelqhs's Dad and she received an invation from the management to please make sure Dude is there again next year, He did very quickly become the crowd favorite in the chariot raceing. Management is also aware that the timed race could be handled a little bit better and believe me they did get some flack over how fast they had to go back for the finals. One thing to remember is that this was the first time this was done there, and the rules were not the best in the world, but they want to get with the chariot drivers, since it is their class and set up a good set of rules to follow, I hope that they will make it into a two part class where the top two get to rest at least 2 classes before they go head to head again for the finals. Hopefully they will have it all worked out by next years show. For those that were there and saw the chariots, they saw a really good show, for those that missed it, tune in next year because I think it will get better.

Danny

Latest posts

Back