Nationals costs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorsecwgrl

Reaction score
Hi there! I really want to go to nationals in 2015, but first I need some more information. It deals with prices and money so I would totally understand if you don't want to post in the comments but please message me
default_smile.png

I would like an estimate on what the average person spends each year at nationals. I have three minis. I would also like to know if the children get tutors for the time they are out of school, and how much they usually charge.

Thanks!!!!!
default_smile.png
:)

We have been going for 3 years. Show fees are 75 a stall, 20 a class for youth, 30 for ammy, 40 for open, 50 for stakes. that will help you to determine those costs. Plus office charge which I think is 10-20.

Coggins I have anyway for our other shows. Health papers for me are 15.

We camp in the campground - 35 per night.

We have an extra stall for a kitchen and cook - I estimate for myself and the 2 kids I took in 2012 and 2013 I spent maybe 30 / day on food. But we did eat out and have concessions sometimes, so probably an extra 50 a week for that.

So for fees other than entry fees, we spent around 1000-1200 dollars for "living expenses" (also miscellaneous for doing laundry, fuel for driving around town, etc.).

Plus fuel to get there, entry fees, t-shirts and other stuff we bought there, etc. And we live pretty cheaply, so realize that when thinking of food costs. : )

We are there 14 days.

And kids do homework while there - mine don't get tutors. .

Last edited by a moderator:
One way to save money, if you have horses that are buddies and you have a way to safely divide the stall, is to put two horses to one stall. Only exception are stallions, they can only be stalled by themselves.

Also, you can "camp" in a stall and that will only cost $75 for the week. It's what me and my husband do because we don't like leaving the horses. Done it for many "big horse" shows and plan on doing it with the minis. What we normally do is one stall for tack, feed, etc., one for our inflatable matress, fridge, food, clothes, etc. and the stalls for the horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep showing multiple horses in multiple classes costs averagely around $1000. Also sleeping in the stall helps.

Here's the kicker, there are rumors spreading around that costs might go up because they are considering running two arenas for one or two days due to the late nights. I'm hoping we can get some insight at Convention which is next week.

having said that, this is still the most reasonably priced national show I've ever shown at :) even if CosSt go up to cover a second arena the cost is dramatically less than any other national or world show. and in my mind it would be well worth it to pay a little more and not be showing until 4 in the morning routinely which is what we were doing this year

Back