National Drive photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy Porter

Reaction score
I have finally finished downloading the photos taken by my husband at the National Drive. Here is the link: http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/amateurphotoguy/ There are over 600 photos in three albums, in no particular order. Enjoy browsing, print them if you like. These photos are not copyrighted, and there is no charge to use them, but a photo credit “by Larry Porter” would be nice. Larry takes photos to occupy his time at the drive since he is not a horseman. Please tell anyone who attended the drive about these photos, as I heard that some people thought Larry was with the pro photographer and were disappointed that their photos were not available at his booth.

What a wonderful thing that you and your husband have done!

He for taking the photos and to then offer people the use of the photos for merely a photo credit acknowledgement!
default_smile.png

And you for taking the time to upload them all into albums for everyone to browse through.
default_aktion033.gif
Well Done.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what great pictures! I just scanned through a few and am very impressed! Good job!
default_smile.png

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Larry brings his camera to keep himself occupied, and I get to "go play horsie" with my friends all day! These were all taken at The National Drive held in October at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. http://www.nationaldrive.net/nationaldrive/index.html What a great time! The weather was incredible (T-shirts in Oct), the horse park was beautiful in autumn foilage, and there were over 250 turnouts. From VSEs to ponies to draft ponies to horses to draft horses to mini donks to donkeys to mules...if it pulled a vehicle, it was well represented. The vehicles ranged from easy entry carts to Bellcrowns to custom made, two wheel carts and four wheel fine harness buggies to wagons to marathon vehicles. There was single horse hitch, pairs, teams, a unicorn hitch, tandem, a 4horse hitch, and even a 6horse hitch (how I missed seeing that in person escapes me, but Larry got it on camera!) There were also some ride/drive horses, plus there was a Saddlebred show at the park. Lots of things to do, clinics to attend, a driving clothing fashion show, vendors to shop,a Mimosa drive, trace pace, wine and cheese receptions, a Bluegrass band, plus open driving of almost the entire horse park, and admission to all the museums is included. What a great value for the $$$! Start making plans for 2009!!!!

Wow, what great photos! There is a set of them of a tandem, black with tall white socks, I adore the leader! What an amazing animal! I would LOVE to go to the National Drive someday, though it is a bit too far to take my own horses. Would like to go just to see it all and take in the clinics and the shopping! Thanks so much for sharing.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back