name suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Have a mare that I think wil go today or by Easter Sunday. Anyone have sugesstions on names for foal born on Good Friday or Easter Sunday. Thanks

Have a mare that I think wil go today or by Easter Sunday. Anyone have sugesstions on names for foal born on Good Friday or Easter Sunday. Thanks
Knowing the way these mares jerk us around waiting, a good name may be FF Don't Call Me Late For Easter and if it is (I originally thought SHE instead of IT, so maybe a filly!
default_wink.png
) you can name it FF Call Me Late For Easter!

I actually had my only foal for last year (a colt) born at 4 a.m. on Easter morning. It was my first and only time to be right there during the foaling. With it being Easter it was even more special! I had carried an old hymm book out with me for my night of camping out in the barn/office watching my mare Faith for the night. She had done this strange whinny-neigh thing so loudly all day that Saturday I just knew I had an Easter foal. Between her name Luv Em Minis Rulers Faith and the hymm book I came up with lots of names during the night. None of them really rang my bell though. Then, when she lay down and pushed I wrote down what was playing on the radio. It was No Rain by Blind Melon. Now that just added more name possibilites to my list. As it turned out I let the little guy name himself and it had nothing to do with anything I had thought of. The little guy looked so much like the sire I was calling him Junior. By the time I got dressed for church he was permanently dubbed J R (Jay Arrrghh). Registered name Jailhouse Rockin in Memphis. I do remember though that I was trying to incorporate things like Risen, Calvary, Third Day, Faith, Sonrise, Cross, and so forth. My experience has thus far been that they name themselves. Good luck with your foaling and name, especially if it is on Easter. Seems like if that is the case a filly name would be easier to come up with.
default_biggrin.png

I'd name it Cadbury Bunny! My favorite part of Easter is Cadbury creme eggs... mmmmmm....

Andrea

Back