Name help & one more color question!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
I would love name suggestions for our new little smokey cream filly...

Dam is Cheg's Hocas Pocas, we call her "Cream" and Sire is Royal M Cream Puff.

IT will start with RJR's

I kinda like RJR's Cream De Cocoa....since my daughter wants to call her Cocoa.

Also do you think she will eventually lighten? If you look at her muzzle it is so much lighter, I wonder if she will lighten as she matures? Like her mom or sire?

4-7-09012SmallWebview.jpg

4-7-09017SmallWebview.jpg

4-7-09047SmallWebview.jpg

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!! She is quite elegant!!!! I love the name RJR's Cream De Cocoa
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

I really Love her color. Dont think Ive ever seen this color before. She is soo beautiful
default_wub.png
! I like the name RJR's Cream de cocoa.

Alisha

Wow, She is a champagne. No doubt about it. Champagnes are really rare in miniatures. No, shes not a perlino or a cremello. Way too dark for both. OUTSTANDING!! Is she gonna be for sale anytime soon?
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Alyssa

She has to be double dilute, so smokey cream is the most logical........I don't think you can have champagne in a double dilute, but I don't know alot about champagne either.....doesn't one parent have to be champagne?

She has to be double dilute, so smokey cream is the most logical........I don't think you can have champagne in a double dilute, but I don't know alot about champagne either.....doesn't one parent have to be champagne?

She would be smokey cream, as you are right one parent must be a champagne to get another champagne
default_smile.png
She is gorgeous...I like RJR's Crem'e Caramel, RJR's Cream of the Crop or RJR's Crem'e de la Crem'e:)

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful. I love Goodie's names
default_thumbup.gif
Quote RJR's Crem'e Caramel, RJR's Cream of the Crop or RJR's Crem'e de la Crem'e

Congrats.
default_wub.png

I find this all so interesting that there is a chance that both your foal and mine may both be smokey creams, and yet they are pretty much opposite in color. It seems where your girl is light, mine is darker, and where yours is darker, mine is lighter! CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful girl! I like your daughter's name she has picked out for her!

She is so beautiful!!!

I do think as she matures, she will get much lighter. A friend of mine had a foal born a few years ago who was almost as dark as your girl, but she quickly became as light as my double dilutes (almost white).

I am pretty sure your pretty filly is Smoky Cream...the colour can vary in exactly the same way that some Smoky Blacks will show Cream and some won't.

I do not rule out Champagne, there is no reason why she cannot be both....could throw Pinto and Appy in there as well, if they were possible, maybe you need to test her for Champagne?? If she is positive I would then, obviously, test the mare also!!

Lucky you, whatever she is.

Mona,

I agree with you, there are so many variations in the color........Her sire is tested smokey cream, but to me looks cremello or perlino.....so It is just something only the test can really prove.....I wish it was only $25 to test them, but I was told when I tested Puffer that you had to test for cream, agouti, and red factor, to determine what they are for sure, which is $75 to run all 3 tests...

I may get tempted enough to test her and her dam, but then what about champagne? Is there a test out for that?

I find this all so interesting that there is a chance that both your foal and mine may both be smokey creams, and yet they are pretty much opposite in color. It seems where your girl is light, mine is darker, and where yours is darker, mine is lighter! CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful girl! I like your daughter's name she has picked out for her!

I wish it was only $25 to test them, but I was told when I tested Puffer that you had to test for cream, agouti, and red factor, to determine what they are for sure, which is $75 to run all 3 tests...I may get tempted enough to test her and her dam, but then what about champagne? Is there a test out for that?

Yes, it is $25/test. It is costing me $50 to test my filly to find out what DD color she is. I am not paying the $25 to test for cream, nor would you need to...we already know from seeing them that they are definately DD so no need to test.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back