Mya Faith

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mya is beautiful.
default_wub.png
:wub A big congratulations to you and Lori.
default_aktion033.gif
default_smile.png

I'm late to this thread, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! Mya is so beautiful!
default_wub.png
I too remember when you were a teenager, and you've matured into a wonderful young woman, and now a Mom!
default_smile.png

Wanted to share with you, that the physical and hormonal changes of giving birth, plus the fact that you had a C section and were sick to boot, can very much affect you so that you may feel "like not a good mom" or even "alive"! (not to mention the exhaustion and stress of taking care of a newborn!) but as others have said, get that right out of your mind. Right now and for a while you will need LOTS of help, to take care of Mya (LOVE the name!) and yourself. My youngest daughter was a wreck when she had her baby, the stress was overwhelming for her, but she came to stay with us as much as she could and I took care of her and baby Keira and pulled them through. Don't be afraid to ask for and receive help. You'll get stronger both physically and emotionally in time, and you will be a FANTASTIC mother. {{{HUGS}}}}

Welcome to the world Mya Faith! (Love her name.) Get strong and enjoy your new little life you've brought into this world.
default_wub.png

Congrats! You do what you have to and a healthy baby and mom is always the best result. Many blessings to you!

default_wub.png
Congratulations!!! (((Hugs))) Mya is beautiful!

Your baby girl had the exact same weight and length as my 4 month old daughter Isabel at birth
default_yes.gif

I am new here and don't know you, but my heart went out to you when you said you didn't feel like a good mom because of the c section complications... I almost cried.

I had a similar experience, and it is so frustrating and heart wrenching when you can't have your baby immediately and all the time after such a big ordeal and surgery.

They gave me some anti anxiety drug immediately after my c section and it made me feel so incredibly exhausted and made my thoughts fuzzy
default_wacko.png
I hated it because even though I was out of it, I was still aware enough that I knew I couldn't trust myself to have my daughter with me alone... I hope everything is well now and you're enjoying your new little girl!

Best Wishes and Blessings,

Stacy

We are doing great. A bit frusterated at the fact that I get the guilt trip for having to supplement Mya with formula. Get told to nurse nurse nurse and the milk will come. NOt so easy if it hurts hurts hurts or she is hungery hungery hungery and im exhausted. She has gained most of her weight back. She has gained almost 6 oz since we were released on Sat. something is working I guess.

With your feed programme, you do whatever suits you and Mya - feelings of guilt are not allowed! Some Mums can feed their babies and some cant. Some babies prefer formula. Some Mums have milk that is not 'strong' enough and babies need formula as a top up. Nothing is wrong and nothing is written in stone. Tell anyone who is laying down the law or bullying you to go take a running jump!

Be kind to yourself, you have just had a major operation, your body is all upset by the drugs, your hormones are all over the place, you are entitled to feel all topsy turvy, you are going through an unknown experience at a time when you probably feel like death warmed up most of the time.

Please try to relax, dont panic, it will all fall into place very soon! You will start to feel better, Mya will fall into a feeding routine that suits her and you will be the best Mum in the World for her.
default_yes.gif

Sending huge ((((HUGS)))

Congrats Ashley on a beautiful little girl! Most moms can make nursing work out, even if they need to suppliment at first. I'm nursing my first now and I know there is a LOT of misinformation out there that causes a LOT of new moms to give up. If you want to keep nursing keep nursing! If you have any questions that you want -reasonable- answers to (not textbook nurse type answers) feel free to get in touch with me, I'd be more than happy to help you and Mya figure out YOUR best nursing plan. I will say though, if you don't already, eat OATMEAL 2 to 3 times a day to help boost your supply of milk. If you don't like it as hot cereal add it to smoothies (cooked or raw) or even eat oatmeal cookies. I have oversupply issues from time to time and I even get a boost from cheerios because of their oat content!

Again, if you have questions get in touch when you have time, and meanwhile nurse as often as you can and suppliment when you can't so you can get some rest. During my nursing journey I've had many days when all I could do was cry and ask how much more one person can handle... and then another day dawns and you find out the answer is sometimes A LOT more. You're doing great, stick to your guns and do what YOU feel is best in your heart for your family but don't let anybody bully you into thinking nursing won't work if you need to suppliment.

Mya is doing well. She seems to have her days and nights mixed up but other than that she is a really good baby. She does not like dirty diapers at all, the second she is done she is screaming (granted she is very loud about her potty habits so I know she is going).

She has her 2 week check up on Friday. Not looking forward to it, as she is pretty much just bottle feeding from today on. My milk production just keeps going down even though I am trying everything the lactation consultant says. Today I only got a whole whopping 7ml combined after 3 hours. The most I have ever got was 15. My body apparently just doesn’t know how to do what it is supposed to do.

I agree with Anna on this. You do what you have to, and if you absolutely cannot make enough milk you can cherish those times bottle feeding and cuddling! Hug that sweet baby for all of us!

Latest posts

Back