My yearliing filly- A big transformation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGminiaturehorses

Reaction score
It's amazing how much yearlings evolve and change within the first full year of their life. I bought my filly back in December of 2010, she was my first mini. (I now have 4
default_laugh.png
) When I got her she was a grangly, butt high thing that I just saw something in, and just had to have her. I worked with her every day, putting hours and hours into her. She was not halter broke when I brought her home, I would have to drag her around everywhere and deal with the constant rearing- bolting, etc. Here we are at our first open show, two months after I bought her:

207501_1954616310769_1403534126_2280619_2845368_n.jpg

Im estatic to now say, after a good 6 months of consistant training, I have a beautiful, wonderfully trained mini, who is an absolute joy to show and be around.
default_wub.png
She looks like a new animal. It's incredible how much difference a good feeding program, a good training schedule, and consistant upkeep can change a horse! We are now showing all over the place, in halter, obstacle, showmanship, you name it!! I have learned how to properly groom, and fit a horse for showing, partially thanks to the great people here on LB, who I have learned so much from!

Here is my girl, Bucks Bikini Jam, "Miss Minnie" at a show this month in Alvarado, TX after taking first in our halter obstacle class
default_smile.png

MissMinnieinAlvarado.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is looking SOOO good! I've followed your post on her for awhile, hoping to see something like this! Wonderful job with her! You have a very bright future in the show ring with her!
default_wub.png
Keep up the good work!

She is looking very good. You have done a great job!

She's absolutely lovely! I had to chuckle at the look of resigned patience on your face in the first pic.
default_smile.png
Your patience and training definitely paid off! Congrats! "Well trained" is way more fun isn't it?
default_wink.png

Great job! First in halter obstacle with a yearling is quite something! I see a very bright future for the two of you.

She's absolutely lovely! I had to chuckle at the look of resigned patience on your face in the first pic.
default_smile.png
Your patience and training definitely paid off! Congrats! "Well trained" is way more fun isn't it?
default_wink.png

Oh man, that's the truth!!
default_laugh.png
"Well trained" is so enjoyable! I've got a weanling filly that's in the "Well (I better start getting) trained" category. LOL. It was a blast to go through the whole training process from halter breaking, to halter ribbons!! It's awesome to get my girl out of her stall, and go work a good pattern without any fuss, and have total understanding between the two of us.
default_smile.png
Im definitely excited for my 2012 show season with my "herd!"

Latest posts

Back