my turn to get stuff off my chest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevycouple

Reaction score
Hey y'all...Lets see where to start...I guess I will start by saying I went to sleep one night with healthy grandparents and my boys went to sleep with healthy great-grandparents. How lucky am I? Lost of people don't have there grandparents...but I was a lucky one and I knew it. By they time I woke up to one grandma with a brain aneurysm, my grandpa (her husband) was diagnosed with alzheimer's, and another grandma has cancer in a majority of her major organs. This is so rough because I live 12 hours away and just spilled my money into new truck tires (it was a necessity). I know I should be thankful for the memories that I do have with them but why do I have to loose so much at once. My grandma Trudy who has cancer was ambulanced to the hospital early in the week because she couldn't breath. She is still there today...I don't think she will be coming home. She is in CICU but will be transfered to a cancer hosital. Being 12 hours away I feel helpless and feel like I'm not being a good granddaughter. I did get to talk to her on the phone today through my sister's cell phone since I can't call in because she is in ICU. Well I just needed to talk to someone so thanks everyone.

I'm very sorry you have to go through so much at once. It would be very hard to have so many family members ill at one time. Stay strong and don't feel like your're a bad grandchild for not being there. They will remember all the earlier times and not just now. There is only so much you can do.

Your grandparents love you still and they know you love them. Try to remember them when times were healthy and fun. Your not being a bad granddaughter by not being there. Your thoughts are with them and that's what counts. It's too bad you live so far away but they understand. Prayers for you and yours.

That is just horrible that everything is happening at once. Its hard enough to deal with one at a time. I feel so bad for you.. But you are so very lucky to have your grandparents.. I wish I did. Lost all but one grandmother before I was even born. Grew up with NO grandpa at all. When I was little just never could understand that. Look at the years you have yet with your grandparents. I agree they know you love them, but that sure don't take away the hurt that you must be going thru now. My thoughts are with you. ANd keep us up to date. Seems more right now then you can take, but you have people to talk to right here. I know this forum sure has helped me.. Now, let us help you..

Sincerely

Lara Pier

So sorry about your ailing grandparents...it is hard enough to have one get sick, but all at the same time...I'm sure it is taking a toll on your whole family.

It is especially tough living far away from them, but I'm sure they and your family understand.

((hugs))

Back