My turn to brag about what I bought at Oktoberfest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmorgans

Reaction score
There were so many nice horses at the Oktoberfest sale - and many of you have posted about your purchases. I have kept quiet about mine - but now I can't help myself - I must brag a little.

I bought a Sterling daughter - she is a gray pinto - she is exquisite - new photos are coming once our weather warms up a bit. I also bought black pinto filly sired by SMHC Exclusive - she is also gorgeous - fabulous movement - a very striking filly.

There were several others that I would have loved to have purchased - but I also just bought a Double Destiny daughter (thanks Martha - Pine Ridge Farm) - and I also bought a beautiful palomino filly from Sunwood farm. Plus - my Buckeroo grandaughter from the Reece sale (Humhill Absolutely Adorable - thank you Humming Bird Hill - Dori is absolutely Adorable!!!!) and my L & D Scout grandaughter from the Reece sale - so I think bringing 6 new horses home was lots. My husband only knew about the two from the Reece sale - although he certainly isn't complaining about any of my purchases.

It is a buyers market right now - and there are a lot of great horses that are for sale at very reasonable prices. The market will change over time - but I decided to purchase some really nice horses for really decent prices - while the market is down. There isn't one horse that I am disappointed in!!!!

Redhead08.jpg

Dancer%201%20web.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyndi, it was so nice to meet you. Sorry about Dennis, I slugged him as soon as I knew you were bidding on the filly and told him to stop but he thought it was a money issue and kept bidding, until I slugged him again, then he quit....lol. And yes, your Sterling filly is exquisite.

It was wonderful meeting you Tami. It was kind of funny that you were sitting in front of us and then I realized that Dennis was bidding against me. I don't think they would have let her go for any cheaper than I bought her though - so probably good that he was bidding - although I though about slugging him too (just kidding - of course). But thanks for letting me be the buyer on her - she is beautiful!!!!

How is your new guy doing?

Hi Cyndi,

I wish I'd met you! I'm bummed that I didn't get to
default_sad.png
. Your fillies were VERY good purchases indeed! And weren't the Eberth's all so nice and helpful? It was a great weekend...even if I am still paying for it with my hubby.
default_new_argue.gif

You bought some beautiful horses - I was looking at that sorrel pinto colt - he caught my eye. I have a two year old Buckeroo grandson with Supreme Dream on the dam's side - and that was the only reason I didn't bid on him - although I kicked myself afterwards.

Tami from Oak Park picked up a very nice colt too - the prices on the colts were too good to be true!!!!!

I wish that we met too - we should have held up signs (ha ha!!!!).

The Eberths were all wonderful - and such nice people to deal with. I bought a White Russian daughter from them last year - and they were great to work with then too!!!! And my White Russian daughter turns heads in the show ring - I love her!!!!!

My two little filly's that I bought at the Reece sale were at Jana's farm (Double Diamond) until we picked them up at LKF the Oktoberfest weekend. It just about drove me crazy to not see them for all of that time. And of course they are hairy now (which is good because it is cold here) - so I won't get nice photos of them until next spring - that's why I didn't post any photos of them
default_sad.png
- they are both very nice fillies too!!!!

Parmela - we must have similar tastes in horses - did you know that we own 1/2 sisters? I own Indian Peaks Oh So Sweet - and you own Indian Peaks Sweet Serenity - they both have the same dam.

Parmela - we must have similar tastes in horses - did you know that we own 1/2 sisters? I own Indian Peaks Oh So Sweet - and you own Indian Peaks Sweet Serenity - they both have the same dam.

No, I didn't know that! Their dam is awesome. I always tell John and Jennifer that if they ever sell her...and of course they always says she'll never be for sale.

Congrats on your new additions.. Lovely horses. I think I saw you there wearing that lovely jackets with your stallions head shot on there.. Sorry I didnt get to introduce myself though.. We brought home a silent auction colt the Buccarra son. Lots I wanted to bring home but hubby wouldnt let me. Didnt really go to buy just have a horsey outing.Shoulda known to bring the trailer..LOL

Yes that was me with the painting of my stallion on the back of my jacket. I wish I had the opportunity to meet you. We live about 27 hours from LKF - so a long long way!!!! But it was worth the trip!!!!!

Oh gosh!! Stunning horses, I should hed down there one year. Im always stunned by there horses. Congrats to everyone!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your lovely purchases Cyndi! That black pinto filly was the one I liked before the sale. She was listed on their page as #36, but in the results of the sale, I never saw her listed. What lot was she? She sure is a doll!

Mona - she ended up being in the silent auction. She has a lot of presence and lots of movement - I am excited about her!!!!

Cyndi,

Congratulations on nice additions to your beautiful herd.

[Look for an e-mail.
default_biggrin.png
]

Very nice!! Congratulations!! I'd be out of a home if I brought home that many horses at once, LOL!

Great purchases! I remember seeing your first filly on the sales page--she's a doll! And I'm also happy to hear that a forum member got "Dori." When she came on-camera during the RFM sale I was kicking myself for not having a number--I hope you'll post updated photos of her next year. Congratulations!

Cindi! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can see why you are so thrilled, they are both beautiful!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Back