My rescue mare..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tami

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]First, this has been a group effort. First Angelheart (I think?), Cindy/ Dunpainted and myself. Molly, JFF Gifted Child is a Bond Galahad Legacy daughter. The first photos are what she looked like when I got her from Cindy. Cindy got her from Angelheart and she had purchased a bunch of horses from the owner who was having troubles just to get them out of there. She was so pathetic. I had an Arab trainer here looking at horses and he saw her and said "she is all bad". And she was. Her front legs seemed to bend backwards, her neck looked ewe necked from the lack of weight, her head looked big, her belly was bloated. And on top of it, she had a filly last year. So I got her in Oct and have been working on her all winter. Today was the horses first day out on grass, a whole half an hour.....lol. So I took some photos of her. I think she is looking pretty good. She still has that dull look to her hair but I am hoping once she sheds she will have a nice glow to her. [/SIZE]
6OctLeftHead.JPG

1OctLt.JPG

DorsalLong.JPG

[SIZE=14pt]And NOW!![/SIZE]

mollyA.jpg

wow! she looks great!!! and very happy. i love her color! what is it, some sort of roan/dun?

good job to you, Cindy, and Angelheart.

she's a very pretty mare. love her stripe!!!
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

She is a grulla. And has turned into such a sweet mare. She didn't like us much at first. Now she knows where the food comes from....lol.

Love her!!
default_wub.png
: She looks sooooo much better, like a different horse but with those markings she is for sure the same mare. Good job :aktion033:

Tami,

She is gorgeous! Good job!! :))

Susan O.

GREAT JOB! :aktion033: SHE LOOKS WONDERFULL
default_yes.gif
:

Wow Tami, you certainly did do a great job, bless you for helping this beautiful little mare become herself.

Tami .. thanks for the update on Molly .. I think of her often. You have really done a wonderfull job with her... she looks so much healthier and happier. :bgrin It's so nice to see that glow back in her eyes. I never did take pictures of her and her filly when I first rescued them as it was so sad that I didn't want to have any reminders of how pitifull they were. I still have Maggie her little filly who was just as bad off as Molly and who has also come a long way. I can't wait to clip her and really SEE her as her head and neck and back end have shedded out to a nice glistening black but her tummy is still wooly and I can't wait to see what is underneath all that winter coat. Maggie had such a big bloated tummy when I rescued her and though I have had her on a stringent worming program and have given her free access at all times to mineral blocks and protien along with a high protien alfalfa hay with grass mixture and mare and foal feed that tummy has been hard to get rid off.... perhaps when I clip her I will find that her big belly is gone ... one can only hope.... if so I can say that she has officially fully recovered. Little Maggie was so listless and unresponsive when I first brought her home and now she is an elegant girl who loves to run .. and boy can she run with her little tail flagging. Her hooves had never been trimmed and because of that combined with starvation her legs were very cowhocked. Now she is almost perfectly straight and her bite which was also off is now perfect. The best part of all is that this frightened little girl is now very self confident and loving. I will e-mail you some updated pictures of her or post them on the forum if any one would like to see them.

Thank you for everything you have done for Molly. Perhasp some day we'll have to do a mother and daughter reunion.

Thanks Maryann, I can't wait to see Maggie. Molly is still a work in progress, but really looking good. And feeling good. When I let them out on pasture today she took off running and bucking. Since I was only letting them out for a short time, I had to stand and watch so I would know when she quite running as I didn't want to cheat her out of her grass time....lol.

default_wub.png
: Ahhhh, Molly looks terrific!

By the grace of God, and following one of His angels, MaryAnn (Angel Heart) brought Mama Molly and Baby Maggie to her farm. It was the first time I met MaryAnn.....and first time I laid eyes on the pitiful horses. The little filly (unknown age) was still nursing -- reducing whatever caloric intake Molly could find. Poor mare, her tummy was bloated like a starving refugee child. Frankly, to look at Molly was difficult, at best.

Well, MaryAnn immediately had the vet out to get a baseline on Molly's condition. Of course, MaryAnn began an excellent nutrition program and the worming series. Frankly, this poor mare had a look in here eyes that indicated she had given up on life. Who could blame her?

Don't remember the exact date Molly came to our farm (after MaryAnn found her). Poor Molly, she still had hip bones and ribs that were quite visible. In the loving hands, after few month long nutrition program, she received at the angelic hands of MaryAnn, Molly gained 100-lbs

After a time of quarrantine here, and an opportunity to spend "one-on-one" time with Molly, it was time to introduce her to the herd. She shared a pasture with one of my most passive mares, Timber. Molly began consuming copious amounts of hay, loose mineral(s) and, of course, soaked beet pulp with grain mixed in (four times a day). Of course, her coat remained dull, but her eyes began to sparkle.

It's a bit of a convoluted story, but Molly continued her journey to Tami's farm (Oak Park Miniatures). After a personal e-mail from Tami, inclusive of a photo of Molly taken that day, guess who was bowled over with thrill and amazement.

Molly is an entirely different horse, which is a testament to Tami's many years' experience in nutrition and emotional care of her horse(s).

Seeing this transformation of what was once a "diamond in the rough" blossom into a beautiful, swan-like mare, defies any description of joy.

God took mercy on this beautiful mare, ensuring she would return to health.....both physical and emotional.

May both Tami and MaryAnn be blessed ten-fold.

Hugs to Miss Molly,

Cindy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. Along with her physical tranformation, she has had a mental tranformation too. She loves her scratches and treats and her people time.

Tami,

Bless you, this story made me so sad and happy too. I used to own Gifted ( Molly) I sold her in 2002 to what I thought would be an excellent home and in fact did hear from the buyer for several years. The fact is no matter how you try you never know if your horse is going to a home where she will be properly cared for. She is such a nice little mare and I am so grateful that you took her in and built her back up. I have at least one picture of her when she was here and she was in great shape at the time. E-mail me and I will see if I can find more pictures of her. Thanks for caring.

Margot

Latest posts

Back