My poor car!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Well this weekend is our xmas. It isnt starting off to well. After$105 later my car was pulled out of the ditch. WE have been getting a lot of snow here today. THe cop asked me what happend, you honestly think i remember? All I remember is comeing over the hill and spining in circles. Next thing I knew I was in the ditch up agains a barb wire fence. My car has lots of scratches, and paint chips out of the back end and spolier, but I am ok. I was only a foot away from a big wood post and a few feet from a metal one. Anybody that knows me, my car is my baby, so lets just say I was less then thrilled when this happened.

I am very very glad there was nobody behind me or infront of me as that would of been bad. I went in the ditch the oposit side of the road I was on, and was faceing the way I came from. Scare as heck, but it didnt hit me until I was stoped then I started shakeing. When I started spining I just remember my aunt telling me not to fight it, just let it go in if its going to. So that is what I did.

Glad my dogs were not with me, and that I had my seat belt on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of times here, we get ice before we get snow. Back when I was 19, I put my car at the time in a ditch, stupid me was tring to climb a small hill in the ice
nono.gif

That wasn't exactly the smartest thing to be doing. Now I am really careful because I have to work since 911 never closes down. If it is bad enough that I think I can't drive, they send an officer after me, I don't like that because I never know when I will get back home.

When I put my car in the ditch back then, it caused a $500 booboo. I feel for ya and I know how ya feel.
no.gif

Well my car already has to go in to get the windsheild fix, but I was just gonna pay for that and not turn it in to insurance. Now that I need this done, my uncle guess at least $400 work of painting and rework will need to be done, I will just do the insurance. I dont really have a spare $700 laying around at this moment.

It happened so fast and I was only doing between 30-40 when it happened as that is what I was doing the whole way home. I was about 3-4 miles from home of coarse
rolleyes.gif

Glad you are ok
smile.gif
Cars can be fixed
yes.gif

IM fine, thought I would have a nice mark on my shoulder from the seat belt, but dont. That was locked down pretty tight on me.

Im not really keen on driving at the moment, but have to leave in a bit to head back to my aunts for xmas today. So we will see. I thought about takeing that road as it is my normal road but not sure I really want to at this point.

the odds are you hit a black spot and started to spin. l have more then a few times spun out on the way to work but the good thing never in the same spot twice. the one l dont ever forget is when l was spun around on the highway and faced oncoming traffic and 1 car drove into the ditch so we wouldnt crash head on.

l keep sand bags in my trunk for weight all winter which does help a lot on slick spots and never step on the gas or brakes when skiding or you always end up in the ditch just glide and turn the wheel with the skid. gently.

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Kudos to you for wearing your seatbelt!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I have no fear of driving in snow. I think it's because my parents never worried about it either.

Ice is another story. There's just not much you can do on ice.
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back