My only 2011 foal Need Help with names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
born june 13, 2011

at 2:15am

birth went great but he took awhile to nurse. he is doing better now thank God

he was 18 days past due.he was due may 26

I am in love with this guy

His great grandsire is NFC Fire and Ice

dam Critter Farms Top Fants Pants AMHA and AMHR

sire Laurel Acres Double Vision AMHA and AMHR

foal AMHA and AMHR pending

i measure him 6 to 6 1/2 canon bone he is so tiny

Question what do you think he carries if i had him tested? do you think he could be homozgyous?

is he tovero or tobiano or what

thanks enjoy

I need name ideals

foal61411006.jpg

foal61411018.jpg

foal61411001.jpg

not the best photos but he is only one day old

foal61411020.jpg

foal61411023.jpg
smells grass

Cute and congrats! He looks tobiano, splash, and sabino so yes, tovero. My favorite!

He's a cutie...I would keep a close eye on him though, as he seems to possibly be hydrocephalic. (fluid on the brain) He has a very suspiciously domed forehead, that makes me think this way. It can be lifethreatening, so although I don;t want to panic you needlessly, it is also something that is good to be made aware of. I am surprised the vet never mentioned it. Hopefully, in time it will go down some and he'll be OK. Maybe looked more like that shortly after birth due to a rough delivery?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks you all for comments

the vet came out monday said he looked great. the only problem we had at first was nursing but he is great now

thanks

some miniature have dish heads.

He's a cutie...I would keep a close eye on him though, as he seems to possibly be hydrocephalic. (fluid on the brain) He has a very suspiciously domed forehead, that makes me think this way.
I thought so too at first Mona but after really looking at all the pictures I think it may be an optical illusion cause by his funky face markings
default_smile.png

I think he's a cutie too
default_yes.gif
and a tovero for sure since he has blue eyes which is not a tobi thing he obviously must carry one or more of the overo genes. For names how about;

assuming a typo here - Critter Farms Top Fants(Fancy?) Pants (sorry if I'm mistaken) [insert farm name in front]Twice as Fancy, sorry thats all that comes to mind at the moment

His great grandsire is NFC Fire and Ice

dam Critter Farms Top Fants Pants AMHA and AMHR

sire Laurel Acres Double Vision AMHA and AMHR
Cutie!

There is a racehorse doing very well right now by the name of Pants on Fire! If you want something with a sence of humor that would combine his parents names nicely!

Enjoy your baby.

Jacki

It's easy to see why you are so in love with him; he's cute as a little button, and colorful, to boot!

Hope he continues to go right on and do well; know you'll be keeping a close eye on him!

I love Reignmaker's suggestion..."...Twice As Fancy"! Also like "Pants on Fire"...two excellent suggestions; can't think of anything better myself!

Congrats on your baby, and the best of luck with him from here on....

Margo

Back