My Newest Acquisition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
Well, I went with something a little different this time! 2011 was my first year showing, and after going to a few shows I fell in love with the taller 34"-38" horses. While facebook *cough* browsing, I came across Chesa Henkel's colt, Buckeye WCF Christy's King of Steel (aka: "Herbie"). Decided I just had to have him
default_smile.png

His sire is Graham's Little King Lee, who I don't think needs any introduction.

His dam is Buckeye WCF Christy Steel, a National Champion producing mare, by Michigan's Man of Steel and out of Van Lo's Fancy Ace of Spades, which makes her a maternal sister to one of my very favorites stallions, Buckeye WCF Hot Toddy. Here she is (have permission to use picture-Owned by Chesa Henkel):
Herbiedam.jpg

Herbie has a full sister still at Buckeye WCF that is a national champion and just to die for. So Herbie has some great genetics to work with
default_smile.png

Here are some pictures of Herbie taken before he was weaned. His dam is quite the milker so he was a little on the chunky side, but I can't wait to see how he looks this spring!

Herbie1.jpg

Herbie2.jpg

(above pictures were taken by Cary Kehr)

He will be staying with Chesa for the 2012 show season. She has been absolutely amazing to deal with, and I can't thank her enough for taking such excellent care of Herbie and giving so much advice. Thank you Chesa!

Thank you for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw him on Facebook... He's wonderful, congrats!

He's absolutely gorgeous!!! I can see why you fell for him
default_smile.png
A BIG congrats
default_smile.png

Susan O.

I just saw King Lee yesterday and he is one of my favorites. I bought a mare bred to Hot Toddie and just picked her up. My next purchase will be a King Foal.

Congratulations,Amanda, He's really nice!

default_aktion033.gif
Congradulations Amanda!
default_biggrin.png
You will really like Herbie! He's such a good boy!
default_yes.gif
He's VERY well taken care of here!! Can't wait for when you get to meet him! It might be looking like we're going to the SD show in May!!

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful compliments! I am so excited to finally see him in person.

Chesa-you take such good care of your horses, I know he is in really great hands. I hope you can make it to the Sioux Falls show! I would love to cheer you and Herbie on
default_smile.png

He is gorgeous Amanda!! Congratulations. You should definitely come to the Sioux Falls show. It's always the first one of the season and its a well-run, very fun show. I better see you there!!!!!!

Thank you Mary! I have to double check when I have finals, but I am pretty sure I will be there, with a few horses in tow too of course
default_smile.png
I can't wait for show season to start!

Congradulations on your handsome Lee son!!!!!

I have a daughter of his-Buckeye WCF Classical Treasure who will be showing this yr.!

It is so hard to resist his foals that I am in the works on getting another of that line!!!!!!!! Can't wait to announce it!

Thank you again everyone! Noblebrook-I LOVE your Lee daughter! She is stunning and I will keep an eye out for her in the show ring this year. Make sure you announce your new one!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back