My new (old) chariot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo

Reaction score
I finally got my chariot all finished up. It is a very old chariot that was made for big horses, but I modified it to fit the mins. I cut the tongue off then balanced the chariot and measured the drop so it would still be balanced and pull correctly behind the little guys. Then a coat of paint and some new tires and we were in business. I don't know for sure what I'll do with a chariot, but I've always wanted one so here it is. It used to belong to an old rancher. I saw it laying out in the bushes just rusting away so I bought it and fixed it all up. I saw all the chariots on the market for about $700 and I have about $150 and some time into this one so I'm happy, plus it has just enough dings and bends to give it "character". I think the minis really enjoy pulling it because it is so light and easy for them.

Chariot3.jpg

Chariot1.jpg

I'm not sure what they have going on in this picture
default_wacko.png
:

Chariotheadon.jpg

My lazy darn dog always has to have a ride
default_rolleyes.gif
:

EdinChariot.jpg

Just one more

Chariot.jpg

:aktion033:
default_wub.png
: That's SO great. I can't believe it. Carl is just now finishing HIS home made chariot he made for Shadow.

I'ts a "one" horse chariot :bgrin And talk about home made wait till you see IT!

Anyway yours is awesome and so are yur horses. They look like they took to it with no problem at all.

Have a great time..Carl has no idea what he plans to do with his either :lol:

Will post pictures soon of his.

Maxine

How neat!! I am just sure I would fall out the back if the horse took off fast,lol. Love your lazy dog.

Actually hairicane, you probably wouldn't fall out. If you look closely at the picture of my lazy dog :lol: you can see that I am wearing knee pads (that's because I was so excited to drive it that I didn't make the pad that bolts onto the chariot yet) and there is a piece of metal that sticks up about 1 1/2" across the back of the chariot. If you are planning on a quick start you brace your feet against the metal and your knees on the front of the chariot. Plus there is the "oh sh*!" handle in the front to grab onto if need be :new_shocked: You can see that right in front of my hands in some of the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very cool...and I love the picture of your dog riding with you, that is priceless...... :bgrin

Oh thats way too cool !!! You did a great job on it and your team looks wonderful pulling it. Btw I love your scenery! Just beautiful!!!!

OOH Chariot Races here you come haha! Thatd be amazing! Wow nice job and cute horses!

:aktion033: That is FABULOUS Kera!!!! :aktion033:

GREAT Job!!!! And it looks like you are all having a Blast! :bgrin

Are those Motorcycle wheels on your chariot???

Mike & Nancy
default_smile.png

Thanks for all the compliments. Yep
default_yes.gif
: those are motorcycle tires, I don't think the minis can go fast enough to hurt them
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back