My nephew - update on original post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
Hi all-

You all have helped me through horse problems with your prayers and good thoughts..

Now I need them for my nephew. Elliott is 14 and has a concave chest. Tomorrow morning at 10:00 he is having surgery to correct that. It's about a 2 hour surgery. He'll be in the hospital close to a week for pain control. He's a real sweetheart and just wants to get it over so the kids will stop picking on him (not to mention his dad just built he and his brother some sort of big deal skateboard ramp and he wants to get back on it). His mom and dad are nervous wrecks wishing they could have the surgery for Elliott.

Any prayers or good thoughts you can spare for Elliott, Kevin and Janet will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Barbie

Update: He has had his surgery and is in ICU. His mom and dad had to wait 2 1/2 hours after he went into recovery to see him so we were all on pins and needles. They were trying to manage his pain and running some tests. Seems his heart has already moved back where it should be - thank God! Kevin is on his way to get Elliott's brother as Elliott wants to see him. Janet will stay in the room with him until he comes home. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, it has been a stressful day to put it mildly. Guess it's a minimum of 6 weeks until he'll be able to get back on his skateboard and use the half pipe Kevin built for them. I'm just so glad it is behind him now and hope the healing won't hurt too long.

Friday: Another update on page 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing your nephew a speedy recovery
default_pray.gif

Prayers he will be home and able to enjoy Christmas. I had surgery last December and I got home December 22nd. You mightr think about doing something like my family did and after the tree was up they took a picture of and I kept it in my room at the hospital. It gives a little diversion to what you are going through.
default_wub.png

Thanks all! Will be back later with an update after my brother calls me.

Barbie

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers - update is on original post.

Barbie

Another update: Elliott is still in PICU. Seems he has developed pneumonia and the lower portion of one lung is still collapsed. He still has not walked, but has been sitting up a lot.

We could sure still use prayers and good thoughts! He should be coming home in a day or two and here he can't even get out of PICU.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back