My mini - has cold?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniluv777

Reaction score
Hi - I have had my mini since last November. She is two years old. She has had a runny nose (both sides, whitish discharge) for about a week and now a cough. She doesn't act sick at all. Our vet is not scheduled to come out until June 18. If my "girl" doesn't get any worse, is that too long to wait? And/or is there anything I can or should do to help her feel/get better?

I had a yearling horse once that had a cold that lasted what seemed to be a long time. If I remember correctly, the vet didn't do anything in that case. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I would say if she is getting worse and not better, it is time to have a checkup. Fever? Disposition?

Have you tried Tri Hist?

A white discharge usually isn't a major concern. But it's a good time to check your horse's temp. Observe their appetite and attitude as well.

If all else is normal, I personally don't worry, but just keep an eye to make sure there isn't a change.

A white discharge usually isn't a major concern. But it's a good time to check your horse's temp. Observe their appetite and attitude as well.

If all else is normal, I personally don't worry, but just keep an eye to make sure there isn't a change.

Yes, I think I will check her temp and if that's up, have the vet out for sure. She's eating as usual and her disposition is good. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back