My min pin puppies. :-)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
The pups were two weeks old Thursday. Their eyes just opened Thrusday and Friday, so they are beginning to crawl around a wee bit, but not much yet. Soon it will be a zoo in here.
default_laugh.png

This was her first litter, and she is such a good little mother; very attentive, yet freindly with what few people we've allowed in to visit the kids. Three are males, and the first born, and smallest, is a female.

Baillie...she always looks like she feels she did something wrong when she sees the camera, so I don't often take pictures of her.

100_2483-Copy.jpg

All four, "Just chillin".

100_2498-Copy.jpg

The three boys.

100_2514-Copy.jpg

Last but not least, the proud poppa...all 5 pounds of him.

090.jpg

They are just PRECIOUS!
default_wub.png
Congratulations on such gorgeous, healthy puppies!

Carol

Oh wow...how cute!!

I love, love, love the one sleeping on his back....hahaha......now that says a lot about a puppy...he feels very safe & secure.....

The babies look as big as their mama...haha.....
default_smile.png

Cute, thanks for sharing!

adorable! Thanks for sharing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww Sue what precious little babies...and what a pretty little Momma dog....she's got such a kind and gentle face. Hmmm...I seem to recognize that last pic...lol....

Gorgeous puppies. I also love the natural ears on the adults, beautiful
wub.gif
. I had two min pins, they both had natural ears, they looked like little bunnies. Lost my last min pin last year at the age of 18. She was one tough cookie. Living with min pins was like living with cartoon characters. Love them. Miss them. I had a chocolate and a black and tan. Did obedience and tracking with my chocolate girl. She was an awesome tracker. I had to hand make her harness she was so small. thanks for sharing the photos, brings back fond memories of my two girls.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, this little gal is just so precious to me. I hope I am lucky enough to have her for many-many years to come.
default_wub.png

Aww Sue what precious little babies...and what a pretty little Momma dog....she's got such a kind and gentle face. Hmmm...I seem to recognize that last pic...lol....
default_biggrin.png
Yes, I have had a couple of special photo soaps done for my friend who owns the pup's father, and that picture is one of the ones I chose to have done.

I too love the natural ears, sooo much of the personality is there in how they carry them. Sort of remind me of horse's ears.
default_yes.gif
The pups will all keep their tails as well, as there was a By-Law passed in April forbidding tail docking, ear cropping and removal of dew claws on puppies in Nova Scotia. Luckily only the one female has dew claws anyways, and one male has just one dew claw...those can be removed when they are spayed/neutered.

Omgosh...they are sooooo adorable!
default_wub.png
My MinPin, Gunner, is almost 12 yrs old now (I've been his mommy since he was 9 mo. old) and I love that dog sooo much!! There is something pretty special about Min Pins...
default_wub.png

They are all beautiful! Congratulations on those precious pups, I love puppies of any kind!

Very cute. We have a min pin as well, Remi (aka Spawn of Satan). He'll be our last though. Very dominate aggressive!

Very cute. We have a min pin as well, Remi (aka Spawn of Satan). He'll be our last though. Very dominate aggressive!
I haven't met one like that yet, but I know they exist. LOL! My vets just love Baillie, she is so sweet-tempered. When I took her in for the pups first check-up they couldn't get over how kind she was, even with newborn pups. She's one in a million one of them said, and I think they are right.
default_wub.png

The most important thing with the terrier breeds is to socialize the be-geepers out of them right from the start. It helped that I took/take Baillie with me to all our horse shows, and she was practically raised in the LQ of the horse trailer...handed to one person or another as classes permitted. YUP...she is "trailer-trash", and proud of it.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

My chocolate min pin loved everybody, obedience dog, tracker, pet therapy dog etc.. Lots of energy, lots of love. My black and tan girl that lived 18 years was socialized and worked in obedience and was still the spawn of satan. Ironically she was my husbands favorite dog and she loved him like nobody else.

I knew I was in trouble when I took her to a show handling class when she was only 8 weeks old and barely weighed a pound and she pipped a 100lb rottie right on the end of the nose and made him run away. All the dogs in our house gave her plenty of space, treated her like a queen bee. She would hide under blankets and launch out at you if you sat near her space. She would bite her crate bars when you shut the door, but would pretend it didn't happen when you opened the door back up. She had so much spirit and I do miss the little stinker very much.

I cried like a baby when she had to be put to sleep last year. She was blind, deaf, and had cancer, but could still whip all the dogs into place with her little gator mouth. Once when she was younger, she was running in the yard and connected with our doberman. She fell over and I thought she was dead, she was just laying there. I picked her up, her head was lolling over and I held her in my arms crying thinking she was gone. Turns out she was only knocked out. She lifted her head, her eyes came into focus and then she bit the crap out of me. still makes me laugh. She had more than 9 lives...We used to say she was too grouchy to move on when she out lived every dog I have ever owned. I have been training dogs in obedience for many years... never had one like her. Big spirit in a little dog. I love min pins, don't ever underestimate them and what they can do.

I got laughed at for tracking with my chocolate min pin, until they saw her work a track and find all the articles left along the way. She tracked on her hind legs, pulling and leading. I used a parachute cord for my line. If she hadn't developed health issues she would have earned her title. be sure to post growing up baby photos of your min pins. I love the natural ears, never saw one with a tail. cool... best wishes.

Oh, baby puppies, make me mushy and I love the Min Pin. Little Man is now a 3 year old and he used to go to "R" Nationals with me but now he has a couple of buddies so it is easier to leave them at home or at the kennel while gone on long trips.

I had to laugh at all the other's stories with their Min Pins...that is sooo the breed! Gunner is "the MAN" in our household and he will let you know it! LOL! Unfortunately, he was never socialized as a pup (too late by the time I got him to really change that, tho I try even now), so he will bark, nip at people in our house and out on his leash. He is "protecting" me. When we take him to the vet and leave him or to the kennel...as soon as I am gone, he is totally fine!
default_rolleyes.gif
He must sleep under a blanket and will whine if he can't get it just right on his own...LOL!

I do love Min Pins, but if I ever got another one, I would definitely get one as a young pup and socialize it from day one.

Sue, please share "growing up" pics of your pups!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back