Have I said lately how much I love these dogs?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I am just soo proud of my 'kids'!!!

We spent the weekend at the Victoria County Kennel Club show. This was Twizzler's first 'official' show being over 6 months old now. She was only entered on Saturday and Sunday, and she won Best of Winners (best of all the class entries, both male and female, in the breed) for her first 2 points! Sunday she was Reserve Winners Female. She was such a good girl and showed really well!

Mate-r won Best of Breed over a good sized entry for the breed on Friday and Saturday....Sunday, well, his mind was on other things...like the female in season that was at our setup!

But the one that I'm most proud of.....my Lainey. She was only entered on Friday & Sunday. She got completely dumped on the Friday, which was disappointing, but I know why she did not win (just made it that much more frustrating). Sunday, Lainey won Winners Female, then went on to win Best of Opposite Sex over a female special (one that had already finished her Championship), for a 3 point win!! I have only ever gotten a 3 point win on one of my dogs ONE other time (my VERY FIRST show), so I was over the moon about that. This finished her Championship title, as she only needed a single point to finish.

At Lainey's second show as a pup, a judge got very rough with her on the table (grabbed her cheek and shook her when she backed away from him on the table). She was a basket case to show after that...nervous of 'new' people, terrified of being at shows. I didn't show her for the following 3 years. Took her with me to shows when I could, so she could meet new people, and not have the stress of being IN the ring. I worked with her and worked with her, did Obedience classes, started herding lessons (which she really shined at and came out of her shell a bit). I decided to breed her a couple of years ago, and she LOVED the attention from people she had never met coming to see her pups (I was absolutely amazed). Every little thing slowly made her come out of her shell a little more. It was a long slow process, and she is still not comfortable in the show ring, but she can handle it a lot better! There are still certain people she will not have anything to do with, but they are fewer and farther between. I am very upset that a judge was able to do this, but we live and learn (and I'll never take a young dog to that judge ever again). She is entered at ONE more show, for ONE single day, and after that, she won't have to see the inside of a show ring! She LOVES to do Obedience work, but I don't think I will ever be able to get her to stand for a judge to go over her, so that will probably be out of the question. Such a shame that ONE thing can have such a negative impact forever!!! So, she will play at home, hopefully continue with some herding, probably kill some more skunks (yes, she has already accomplished this), and just enjoy life....and hopefully another litter of Mate-rs are on the way!!
default_whistling.gif

~kathryn

BBPIS Esrohollow Irresistible Twist

ELG_2250-Edit-K.jpg

New Can CH Esrohollow Plain White Ts Am HT

ELG_2458-Edit-BB.jpg

BEAUTIFUL DOGS Katheryn My friend Sophie Marvel has Cardi pups now.I saw them just after they were born but couldn't touch.They are old enough now to be handled by outsiders so I will get my puppy fix.There are only 2- 1 red&white and 1 brindle.strange litter.Several mumified and cleft palates.She has never had this issue before.Both sire and dam have produced before.It was AI with semen collected at a show She did the AI herself.Only thing we can figure is that tube may have been contaminated or maybe just a bad cross..Love your dogs -wish I was closer so i could see them in person.Sophie is trying to sway me to Cardis, but I love my Pems with no tails.You should be so proud of your kids.

bevann, I'm soo sorry to hear about Sophie's litter. I haven't had those problems pop up in my breeding and hopefully won't have to deal with them....but it is heart breaking for sure.

The first corgi I met was a Cardigan, and they will always have my heart! I am very proud to be putting titles and wins on them myself, not with a handler whose face the judge knows!

~kathryn

That makes the wins even sweeter.We all know there is politics in any show ring even though we can all wish it wasn't so.Nice wins and NICE dogs. My friend Sophie's kennel prefix is Kimberwicke she loves the Cardigans

I have long admired your dogs! They are AWESOME and simply gorgeous!
default_wub.png

CONGRATULATIONS!

default_aktion033.gif
default_488.gif
Congratulations. Politics is something we all deal with in many areas of our lives (dog/horse shows are just one example) but when you have worked hard as you obviously have, and your dogs are as good as yours obviously are (I admit to being no judge of Corgis altho I think yours are lovely) any judge worth the title will have to place you appropriately. Again, congratulations! You must be on cloud 9.

Latest posts

Back