My ladybugg turned 20 today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amysue

Reaction score
My dog ladybugg celebrated her 20th birthday today. I made her a cake, her daddy bought her a box of doggie Valentine's cookies and she wore her birthday hat. Her and her kitties had a party and enjoyed cake. Yea I know im pathetic but I love her and how many goldens make it to 20? Anyone else make a big deal out of their doggies birthday? Oh and if you cant already tell, I do not have any children (of the two legged variety)

20140210_201219.jpg

20140210_200553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats awesome!

I hope both my dog and kitty makes it to that age.

Congats and happy b-day

Ladybugg!

WOW, that is AWESOME! Not many dogs are fortunate enough to live to be that ripe old age! HAPPY 20th Birthday Ladybugg!!
default_birthday.gif

wow. awesome. that must be a record age for a golden. wow. I think it is great that you celebrate her birthday.
default_firstprize.gif

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADYBUGG!!! Bless her! Wonderful family!
default_wub.png

default_birthday.gif
:birthday
default_birthday.gif
:birthday
default_birthday.gif

Oh my goodness that's almost unheard of for a big dog, you are so lucky!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Ladybugg!!!!

Ladybugg must have had GREAT CARE from you to have reached 20 years of age.That is almost unheard of for a big dog.You must have wonderful memories of your time with her.Your family is so fortunate to have had your fur baby for so long.Hoping all of you have a wonderful day and many more happy days together.Happy birthday Ladybugg

Happy Birthday! That is an amazing age for a dog. What diet did she have most of her life? Just curious.

Thank you everyone for your birthday greetings. Ladybugg appreciates your kind words and support. Everyone is always shocked to hear her age. She is missing most of her teeth and doesn't see that well, but her nose works darn well thats for sure. She gets cosequin every day as her hips sometimes give her trouble but she has never needed pain meds. I wont let her live like that. She has grown up and grown old on the farm eating mostly venison and fresh beef and chicken. We raise our own meat here and she eats a lot of what we eat. I love when visitors try to scold me for feeding her people food...I say it hasn't hurt her in 20 years so it doesnt kill her it makes her stronger. Shes never been in a crate or kennel, nor is herbyard fenced. She hasn't been on a leash in years (actually wears a tiffany chain she got as a present years ago) and never wanders too far from the yard. she's raised several litters of orphaned kittens and bunnies over the years and even had a tawdry love affair with a goose until it flew south. She now spends most of her time couch surfing. I only wish she would last another twenty years.

20? Wow! Happy birthday Ladybugg! Do you have any special dietary or exercise tips to share? Anything that could contribute to her longevity?

Happy Birthday Ladybugg!
default_worshippy.gif

Too funny, our family had a big ole dog who lived to be 24... she also was raised on nothing but leftovers (mostly meat) as we lived on a South Texas ranch and my parents were not about to spend money on dog food. I would say most of what Paloma ate was also venison as we had white tailed deer all over the place.

Happy Bday, Ladybug!! Wow, that is awesome and I LOVED the pics of the cake and celebration.

Congrats on taking such good care of your animals!

Miss ladybug celebrated her 21st birthday today. She had her favorite breakfast today (pancakes and real maple syrup) then a sliver of red velvet cake after dinner. Its her favorite and making her one every year has been a family tradition for a long time. Her and her cats had a blast tearing open presents. I know its silly to baby her like a human (I used to laugh at ppl like that) but I don't have any human babies so now I've become one of them. Oh well.20120819_163451.jpg

Happy birthday to Ladybug!! What a nice picture that you posted-she looks sooo happy!! :-D

Happy Birthday Ladybug. Baby her all you want! You are both blessed to have each other for so long. best wishes. How sweet to share her birthday with us.

Latest posts

Back