My introduction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Jessica in Az. I introduced my mini donkey, Earl, on the mini donkey forum, so now I need to introduce the mini horses!

First, I joined LB a long time ago, but haven't been here since. Now that high speed 'net is available in my area, I can come back
default_smile.png

Aside from the minis I"m about to introduce, I have my mini donkey, 2 goats, 6 full sized horses, 6 dogs (4 are mine, 2 are hubby's (we just got married end of Jan), 8 cats, and 2 lizards.

I'll go in the order I aqcuired them...

Chili Pepper is my best mini, IMO. Not my first mini, but the one I've had the longest of those I currently have. He's 35"ish, chestnut gelding, 6 years old I believe. We compete in ADT's, which are 1 day CDE's (driving's version of eventing). We are in preliminary level, the highest they offere for minis, and currently in first place for year end points. For at least the last two competitions, we have had the fastest cones course, and that includes against minis, ponies, and full size horses! Sorry, had to brag, I LOVE my Chili!
default_smile.png
He's the one in my sig.

I got Cocoa and Tracker about the same time. Cocoa, HRK Kates Chocolat Cream de Coco, AMHA/AMHR, is 32"ish buckskin dun (I don't just mean the color, she tested for the cream gene, as well as being dun) filly who will be 2 end of May. I plan to drive her in the future.

Tracker, Late Attraction by Cochise AMHA/Cochise's Late Attraction AMHR, is a 28" bay pinto 2 year old (as of this coming friday) stallion. He's my hubby's favorite
default_smile.png

Midnight, TCM Midnight Blues AMHA, is a 32"ish almost 4 year old blue roan gelding. He drives, and is my drill team horse (Petite Elite Precision Driving Team, made up of 8 minis, and a TON of fun!). He just started with the drill team after I sold my previous drill horse to a wonderful home. So far Midnight has done two performances, and did very well
default_smile.png
(the latest at the Touch of Class Miniature Horse Show at Westworld in Scottsdale).

Tura's Cruise Control, aka Cruiser, is a 37.5" silver dapple (looks like a rocky mtn, chocolate color) gelding. I plan to teach him to drive, if I ever get around to it... ;) I think he's 4 now. I helped my friend bring him home in the back of her Oldsmobile when he was 3.5 months old!!! She can't have horses anymore, so she gave him (and her retired thoroughbred) to me.

And last but not least is Ruby, Landrys Cowboys Diamonds & Rubys AMHA/AMHR, 31" sorrel pinto mare. I'd have to check to be sure, but I think she's 13 years... I just got her a few months ago and really like her. Hoping to breed her this year.

And my hubby surprised me, and made me VERY happy, the other day by saying he wants to go to drill team practice with me, to PRACTICE for the team!!
default_smile.png
(twice he's led in the team, driving Chili, as a flag horse... the first following another "flag horse" and the second just him). He wants to learn to drive, rather than just the little that he's done, and he wants his own horse! He says Chili and Midnight are MY horses, and that they and I work well together... he wants HIS horse, whom he and it will learn to work well together like I have with my guys... that makes me VERY happy, as he had nothing to do with horses before me, and is slowly gaining in interest!
default_smile.png
So I guess that means we're on the lookout for mini #7
default_smile.png

Anyhow, that's us and our critters! Nice to meet you all!

Jessica and Craig

Welcome, WELCOME!! We can always do with more people, especially (from my point of view!!) ones who drive.

Great to hear about your horses BUT where are the pictures??

We want PICTURES!!!! :new_multi: :new_multi:

Welcome to the forum all the way from Bavaria, Germany!
default_smile.png

I absolutely agree with Jane ... we want pictures :bgrin !

:saludando: Conny

so nice to meet you!! we need pictures
default_smile.png
Welcome from ohio

kay

Welcome to the forum Jessica and Craig. Glad you "came back". Sounds like you guys are having loads of fun with your critters! :aktion033:

Hello Jessica & Craig - Welcome to the posting side of the forum from the bluegrass state of Kentucky. :saludando:

Hello from Illinois :saludando: The drill team sounds like loads of fun, and the driving competition accomplishments are fantastic. I love seeing pics of that type of stuff. Please post some if you have them.

Welcome back!

I am jealous of your high speed internet -- can't wait until it makes it to my home -- I do have it here at work and just hate to logon from home now.

Sounds like you have some wonderful minis. Congrats about being Preliminary in CDE's that is fabulous. We (my mini gelding Platinum and I) are going to our first schooling show on April 15th -- beginner training level -- so look forward to those upper levels.

Hope to hear more from you about your experiences - especially with competitive driving - whether in Pleasure or CDE.

Thanks

JJay

Hi! I'm Jessica in Az. I introduced my mini donkey, Earl, on the mini donkey forum, so now I need to introduce the mini horses!

First, I joined LB a long time ago, but haven't been here since. Now that high speed 'net is available in my area, I can come back
default_smile.png

Jessica and Craig
Jessica,

Welcome to Lil Beginnings, I knew I recognized your sign-in name from a couple other boards I'm on; and I was positive it was you once you named off your minis. :bgrin

You're going to love being back. Great group of people here and we all love to talk minis. :lol:

Howdy and welcome, I don't post often any more but had to jump in and say hi to "family". I have 3 1/2 sisters to your Ruby and remember when Lacey had her, it was tempting to add a 4th Cowboy daughter to the family here but my barn was already full. Ruby is a little cutie and out of one of my favorite stallions.

In fact, the cremello colt in my avatar is a nephew to your Ruby, he's out of a Dels Cowboy daughter and our Dels Leo.
default_smile.png

You'll enjoy it here, and give your Ruby a scritch on the withers for me.

krisp

BUT where are the pictures??We want PICTURES!!!! :new_multi: :new_multi:

Don't worry, I'll share pics
default_smile.png
However, I took a lot of nice new ones, so I want to get those uploaded before I post pics. I should post them later today though
default_smile.png
Sorry to keep you in suspsense hehe ;)

Jessi

Welcome to the posting side of the forum from the bluegrass state of Kentucky. :saludando:

I LOVE Kentucky!!!!!! We hope to move around Lexington in the next 1-3 years
default_smile.png
It's SOO beautiful there!

Jessi

Hello from Illinois :saludando: The drill team sounds like loads of fun, and the driving competition accomplishments are fantastic. I love seeing pics of that type of stuff. Please post some if you have them.

I certainly do
default_smile.png
I have pics of Chili and I in ADT's. I do have pics of drill team performances, they're just not uploaded yet, so I'll get back to you with those later
default_smile.png

Jessi

We (my mini gelding Platinum and I) are going to our first schooling show on April 15th
Good luck and have fun!!! I just LOVE driving
default_smile.png
That's actually the reason I got into minis. I wanted to drive, but not a big horse hehe ;) Now I"m hooked on minis, of course
default_smile.png

Jessi

I have 3 1/2 sisters to your Ruby

That's really neat!!! I'd LOVE to see pictures of them
default_smile.png
Ruby will say thanks for her scritches
default_smile.png
She's a sweetie (though a little timid), and has just the cutest way she looks at you
default_smile.png

Jessi

Welcome from Kentucky! :saludando: Sounds like you do a lot of fun stuff with your minis! The ADT's look great, I have always wanted to try one someday!
default_smile.png

Jessica

:lol: Hi!

Welcome! Love your sig. picture! Looks like so mUCH FUN!! I at some point hope to get into doing more driving and maybe some of the CDE!!! Driving is adictive!!

Welcome from sunny, Eastern Wyoming too! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics as well! How neat your hubby shares your interest in the minis and driving as well!

Latest posts

Back