My husband Mark's paintings.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to update you guys! You are the best cheerleaders we could want. Mark got a letter in the mail, he won 2nd place in watercolor paintings!!! Not a small feat when there is usually 300-400 entries!!!!! YAY.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Way to go Mark...which one came in 2nd?
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

This is the first time that they didn't tell us which one won. I am thinking the sparrow. He has won a ribbon with it before.

WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! What a THRILL! Big congrats to Mark!!

I agree.........I bet it's the sparrow too. That is a beautiful piece.

I honor you and your husband. Larry and I both have abilities in writing. But our styles are different. Just like you and your husband's.......

Larry has a problem with the "competition". How do you deal with that? Or is that not an issue?

I just pull back. Perhaps some day I will press forward with my own.

The competition.... well I CAN say it bothers me a teeny tiny itsy bit when he ( who has been painting maybe a max of 4 years) walks into an art show and they hand him a ribbon. While it takes me longer to paint mine, and I have always been doing it! But getting that ribbon when I do makes it sweeter. I understand they want to see a more abstract look, and I don't seem to be able to pull that one off.

I wouldn't pull back MA. If Larry knew you felt that way I bet he would want you to try your hardest and not worry about what he was doing. That is how we are. We are very proud of each others work. Yes he almost always wins over me, but that is okay. And like you and Larry our styles are really different. I think that is kinda cool. Makes for interesting discussions.

MA don't let another's flight clip your wings. Use your own to soar as free and high as you can. The only one holding you back is you. Larry would be proud if you set yourself free! Life is too short for self doubt. Trying is not the worst that can happen, not trying is.

I must have missed it Kim, did one of yours make it? Don't you ever change your style for anyone! Only if you want to play with it for yourself. ART is in the soul.

Love ya girl!
default_wub.png

MA, Robin is right. Don't limit yourself due to what you think Larry wants. He wants you to be happy above all else.

Robin, I got all my paintings in, but didn't get a ribbon!!!

Hey! Yours got in??? AWESOME!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I know how it feels to not place (trust me!) but they got in and that's great! WE all know your works are winners!

Kim <---
default_cheekkiss.gif

First of all.........Miss "Crabby".......You DESERVE a RIBBON!!! However, if you are selling your work? Who cares what a couple or three judges think!? And I happen to know you are selling your work!

REO - Robin.........Thank you for your comment. And yes, you are right. I have several "projects" in the wings but have been holding back. Larry is so gifted in his own way and I've been trying to push him........It's silly to wait, I know. What's REALLY stupid is that our subjects AND our styles are different.

We both used to Blog on My Space a lot and he would compare.......I guess that's what started my being hesitant.

PS: Crabby? I need to PM you. I've got a plan.
default_biggrin.png

MA, was he comparing talent?

Or observing style differences?
default_smile.png
Think on that.

I don't think he would have said anything he thought might be hurtful.

You are together yes. But he is he and you are you. "Art" is a personal thing. Express it and live it for yourself. Don't block yourself with self doubt! You tooted his horn, now toot your own! GO GIRL, GO!

Kim, I want to thank you for sharing your beautiful work with all of us! MA is right, you DO deserve ribbons! They are all winners to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim, I think just getting in a show would be terrific. You and Mark do awesome work and you both should be so proud. We forum friends would always give you BLUES. Looking forward to seeing your next masterpiece!
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Heidi

You guys are too good to me! I don't mean to sound ungrateful for not getting a ribbon!!!!! I am very happy to be in the show at all. It is a wonderful opportunity and I really enjoy it! Thanks everyone!

Both you and your husbands Marks painting are beautiful. Congrautions to the the both of you.

Latest posts

Back