My Golden Surprise!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qtrrae's Howdy Pilgrim
smile.gif
He looks like a tough little guy just like John Wayne

I've been wondering how much longer it would be before we got a "baby fix". Thanks for providing one!!! He's definitely a Golden Keeper.
yes.gif

What a nice surprise! So glad it all turned out ok!

He is a cutie!

JJay

What a nice surprise! I'm glad the "weather god" was in kahoots with your mare. I guess this is a reminder to use all to make sure all mares that have even rubbed noses with our stallions are on their stallion reports! LOL

What a sweetie! Congratulations! And just think-- he will be a "yearling" in just five weeks, lol!! Congrats again!
aktion033.gif

He is just soo golden pretty!! Congratulations! To you and to Kristi too, so glad they are both doing well.

Thanks everyone for all the congratulation wishes and for the great name suggestions.

It is with deep sadness that I answer this thread. Our little "Golden Surprise" ended up getting pneumonia and died. We were devastated. We had him under a kalglo heater in a warm stall with a blanket on but he had evidently gotten too chilled and was not strong enough to fight back.

From all the veterinary expertise that I have gotten this is quite common in newborns that are born out in the cold and even with antibiotics the survival chance from pneumonia is very slim.

Poor little Kristi has mourned so much for her baby. I just feel so bad for her, this was her first foal and she was such of a good Mom.

Again, thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum that have shared in our joy with the miracle of birth and now I know you will feel the pain for us as we mourn our little precious "Golden Surprise."

OMG! I'm so sorry.........little ones can go so fast & pneumonia is so swift. I'm so sorry..........

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back