my first mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i used to ride hunter/jumpers but always loved minis. our friend has an older gelding who used to show and i used to play around with him and i loved him! i wanted to get my own mini and show but because i already had a busy show schedule this was out of the question

well now im on this medicine and the doctors dont want me riding....at first this was extremly upsetting but then my mom reminded me of minis! so i soon started looking.

i researched a ton and i think i got a pretty good idea of wat to look for in a versatile show mini. since this would b my first time really showing i wanted to do a lot a different of classes but my mom wasnt really too happy with the idea of getting many nice show quality minis for different classes haha so i wanted to find the nicest most versatile mini in my price range that was somewhat bin-there-done-that

well....i think i found him!

heres the link to his equine.com ad:

lucky!

his name is Lucky Four Hits The Spot!

hes 7 and has quite a bit of show experience in halter, liberty, and showmanship. Hes also jumping great now and driiving! Im so excited! hes coming Friday! Im hoping to show this season in AMHA and AMHR.

As this is my first mini, any tips would b great!

~courtney!

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your purchase! Nothing better than a 'do-it-all' gelding!!!
default_yes.gif
: Have fun with him!
default_smile.png

Well I get the pleasure of delivering Lucky to his new owner this week. I couldn't be more pleased that he is going to a home that will use him to his full potential. I have talked with Courtney's mother a good bit and emailed Courtney too, and I just feel they are going to be a great team. I am looking forward to seeing our first show horse in the ring with a new owner. Lucky deserves it so much. Plus I get to meet his new owners in person too, I am very excited. And very pleased it has worked out for both Courtney and Lucky.

Wow, welcome and a beautiful horse!!!! A big congrats to you!! :aktion033:

Hey! Lucky is a great horse! I'm so happy for him that he will get to show again!

Whooo Hooo!! Congrats to Courtney and Lucky, and to Karen! Sounds like you found a good home for your boy! I know how much you love him.

aww thanks everyone!

and u huge thanks to Karen for letting me purchase such a wonderful gelding!

~Courtney

Hi and Welcome to the Forum! and Congratulations again!!! I actually just posted on your topic on the Youth Forum but figured what the heck I'll congratulate you again! :aktion033: I also live in CT so if you have any questions I would love to help!

Welcome, and what a beautiful boy you found! Congrats, and best of luck with all your showing! Get ready to fall in love with your first mini!

Congratulations!! He is beautiful and I just love those "do it all" horses. I also notice that he is a PINTO. Did you know that there are shows in CT for Pinto minis? It would be easy to get him registered with Pinto (www.pinto.org and bring him to the Pinto shows (more info at www.neptha.com). The shows are very popular and the performance classes tend to be full and are a lot of fun. Actually, you can get him registered AT one of the shows.

We are in CT too - check us out at our farm website link below and contact me if you wish. It's a pretty small state so we can't be too far away.

Mary

Awww! Congrats;nothing like a good Versitile Loveable Gelding!
default_wub.png
:

Welcome to the world of minis! You will love your new boy and I know will have a good time meeting Karen in person, too
default_yes.gif
:

thanks eeryone! I love him already and i havnt even met him! haha and i can tell that whole "minis are like potato ships, you cant have just one." quote is going to aply to me! lol I'm t so excited!

~courtney

Congrats on Lucky! Good luck in the showring and who knows we might see eachother there...Oh yeah and you will fall in love with him too

Congratulations!! He sounds great! And I love to see all around geldings out there in the show ring!

thanks eeryone! I love him already and i havnt even met him! haha and i can tell that whole "minis are like potato ships, you cant have just one." quote is going to aply to me! lol I'm t so excited!

~courtney
He's a handsome boy, congratulations. I had to laugh at your original post of just having one. I thought to myself that it won't be that way for long. I started with just one and at one time had four, and now only 3, but if I had the room there would be more.

Good luck with him.

Congrats!!! He is a beauty and Im sure u will have a ball with him.

:saludando: WOW what a great way to start out!! He is fantastic, you have wonderful taste in horses! That is just wonderful how it works out for all of you...wonderful times/memories ahead!! CONGRATS!!!

How exciting for you! :aktion033: Super congrats, he's a handsome one for sure!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back