MY FIRST MINI BABY EVER..........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
I am BURSTING with joy!!!! Did not know when my mare was due as she was bought in foal and was pasture bred. Anyway I had several people tell me she had a little ways to go, she was kinda bagged up but I could not get any milk out as of yesterday morning! I went out to feed at 5:30 pm yesterday and GUESS WHAT ???? A little grey FILLY was bouncing around mom, already dried off, sassy and ready to go!!! Mom had lots of colustrum and everything was wonderful. As this is my first Mini foal I have been a bundle of nerves worrying about everything going ok and now I have a little bundle of JOY!! What color do you think she is, just a typical grey???

Thanks for letting me share..... :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

Jewel (La Vista Triggers Tersichore) and Baby Crystal

100_4131.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4135.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on (at least to me) your silver dapple filly.

:aktion033: Congratulations! How exciting for you!

She looks like she could be silver dapple to me as well. My first mini foal ever was a silver dapple filly too!

Congratulations on a beautiful filly!! :aktion033:

I would need to see pictures of her in the daylight- ie outside.

I do not think she is Silver Black, not from those photos, this is a Silver Black foal.

willow050406003.jpg

BUT if she has Cream from the dam the expression of Silver could be being inhibited by the Cream- it gets a little complicated
default_smile.png

So many congratulations on your healthy foal- which of course is the most important thing- I reserve judgement on the colour- what colour was the sire???

Congratulations on your new filly!!! To me, she looks black / smokey black but she might be silver dapple black. Is her mane kind of tinted lighter? If so, I'd say she's silver
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your new filly!!! To me, she looks black / smokey black but she might be silver dapple black. Is her mane kind of tinted lighter? If so, I'd say she's silver
default_yes.gif
:
I agree, I cannot see the color of her mane and tail if they are greyisch she´s silver

But I think they are dark, so she is black or smokey-black.

Here are a couple more pictures of her and her sire...........hopefully this will help colorwise.
default_wub.png
:

Her sire FPF Cassanova

100_3894.jpg

100_3890.jpg

And Baby Crystal

100_4133.jpg

100_4125.jpg

Thanks again everybody!

I'm really quite sure on silver dapple (black). The filly in my avatar is now a very dappled out silver girl. At birth she looked like some sort of dark sorrel. Lots of people insisted she was "just" sorrel. How wrong they were and I definitely let them know that! :bgrin

A few days old:

Zoey.jpg

A year old clipped (not a good pic but shows her whole body)

IMG_0441.jpg

Congratulations, she's a pretty little girl!!!

I really think she's silver dapple. It looks like her mane has that smokey cast to it. Silver dapple foals can look silver, dark, chestnut, etc. at birth. My bet is your girl will turn out to be a similar color as her sire
default_yes.gif
:

"Congratulations!" What a nice surprise - can't help with the color - just when I "think" I have it figured out, it changes.

She is an adorable filly and I know you will love her no matter what color she turns out to be!

Back