My First 'Big Horse' Show Yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
I've been riding at Senator Bell Farm for almost a year now after the barn I'd been riding at for 5 years closed down. Yesterday I had my first 'big horse' show, riding a lovely grey mare, Palladium, aka Maude, an eight year old thoroughbred. She is a lesson horse at the barn I ride at and we've been working together since last summer. It's taken a while for us to sort out our differences but this mare and I both have quite a bit of respect for each other. She is beautiful and incredibly willing and has taught me so much! I'm leasing her in June, we are going to have so much fun! She has a very typical mare attitude, but under that she's got a heart of gold.
default_wub.png

Anyways, here are some pictures taken yesterday at the show.
default_wub.png

Maude & I before our first class
default_wub.png

2d0xs81.jpg

She wouldn't stand still, absolutely hates the bugs, this was probably taken just before she started half-rearing on her way out of the ring.
default_rolleyes.gif

28sbtc0.jpg

In the warm up ring

20han94.jpg

b984ys.jpg

Another girl who rode Maude, I got a few really nice pictures of the two of them. The girl was very nervous but did exceptionally well!
default_aktion033.gif

6ify1d.jpg

This is Dora, aka Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, she's my trainer's horse, a stunning palomino mare.

11az69c.jpg

Bing, aka Authentic, he's also at the same barn, his rider is the best at the barn, I could watch her ride all day.

291fj1f.jpg

hukh1t.jpg

Maude

2gvld36.jpg

Thanks for looking! Very proud of 'my' girl!
default_wub.png

(I do have permission to post.)

Rebecca

What fantastic photos!! You look like a natural up there.
default_smile.png
I never tired of watching big horse shows. Thanks for the photo treat.

great job!! i was asked to do a show on saturday, riding a tb, but i didnt feel ready enough as im still afraid of tb's. haha.

shes gorgeous!

Becca you look great! Im so proud of you
default_wub.png
I hope to get to go to one of your shows cuz i used to show and i miss that atmosphere! I would like to get into showing again as well
default_biggrin.png
Congrats and keep up the hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back