My dream holiday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
For my birthday this year, my Mom spoiled me (what can I say it was a significant birthday
default_laugh.png
) and sent me and my sister to Colorado!!! We left Oct 26th and came home Nov 1! I LOVED it!! Got to see my favourite NHL team play live for the first time!!! It was a great trip!! I will definitely go back when I can afford to!
default_laugh.png

These are just a few of the over 450 pictures I took!!
default_new_shocked.gif
It was hard to pick which ones! LOL

A look out we stopped at on the way to Boulder

20081027_0382.jpg

We took a jeep tour up into Pike National Forest

Looking back over Colorado Springs...we're up 10,000 + feet

20081028_0495.jpg

20081028_0513.jpg

This was taken in a Wal Mart parking lot in Castle Rock.

20081028_0544.jpg

Went to the Garden of the Gods. Wish we had more time to wander around there, but we took a bus tour, so we were on their schedule. It was a really cool place though, and I would have loved to have toured it more.

20081029_0545.jpg

We went to the top of Pike's Peak (14,110 ft) on the cograil. Also very cool!!!! Looking out over Manitou Springs/Colorado Springs area. The reddish rock to the mid left of the picture is the Garden of the Gods.

20081029_0661.jpg

Then to the hockey game!!! Unfortunately the Avs lost....they gotta get a decent goalie. But we were 4 rows up from ice level!!!
default_smile.png

20081030_0793.jpg

20081030_0798.jpg

The last day we were there, we drove up to Vail & Leadville. It was an interesting drive
default_wink.png

We stopped for gas near Copper Mountain

20081031_0806.jpg

And this was taken from our hotel one evening

20081029_0756.jpg

Like I said, I will definitely be going back one day!!
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Happy Birthday! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. Next time you go you'll have to check out Estes Park!

Thanks!

I wanted to go to Estes Park...but couldn't convince my sister!
default_rolleyes.gif
I have a list of things that I HAVE to do the next time! LOL

~kathryn

Wow, those are great pictures. Colorado is now on my list of places I want to visit!

Happy belated birthday Kathryn!! Those pictures are fantastic!! I had to do a double take on that pic of Copper Mountain and the shimmery stream....just beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Colorado is a GORGEOUS state, I love living here.

You HAVE to visit Estes next time you come out, everyone should.

Every year the RMMHC puts on a 5 day, 2AMHA show in Estes park and it's AMAZING. It's my favorite show of the year. Unfortunatly entries have been declining, but perhaps we could get more people out there!!!

Back