my daughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JO~*

Reaction score
This picture got cut out of my other post. This is the heifer calf my daughter showed at fair

NancysPics030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww what a very cool picture! Is your little calf a holstein??? That would be really hard to do. We thought about it, but I don't think I could handle it!

Awww what a very cool picture! Is your little calf a holstein??? That would be really hard to do. We thought about it, but I don't think I could handle it!
Yes she is a holstien. There is a relly cool thing that one of the dairys do here for kids that want to do this.

You go out to the dairy in like January or March and your kids pickes out a calf (they has LOTS ) then you have a 6 week class on showing, care and such, then if you want you can take lease the calf for like a buck and go to prefair then if you want you can go to fair with it. Then after fair it goes back to the dairy.

Its great!! :aktion033:

This coming year Zoee will start with an older calf. We will bring it home after weaning.

I got so attched to the one we had this year. Zoee would like to do a steer but I don't think I could let her take it to the jr. livestock at fair. :no: I get to sad.

That is how I would be. She is a beautiful little heifer. To know she gets to go back and be a mama cow is nice. But to have someone come in and spray paint which meat shop it goes to is a whole different thing I would guess.

Anyway great pics!

I saw your other post and all the activities your daughter took part in for 4-H...........WOW. You must be so proud of her!!!

My Bri just experienced her first year with 4-H (Horse) and talk about time consuming for EVERYONE. She also made a display about "The Miniature Horse" for the 4-H Building at Fair to gain extra points.

So, I KNOW what your girl had to go through and I say........KUDDOS!

One thing, though......with kids in 4-H, I gotta say it is wholesome and healthy. It teaches the kids alot.

MA

I saw your other post and all the activities your daughter took part in for 4-H...........WOW. You must be so proud of her!!!

My Bri just experienced her first year with 4-H (Horse) and talk about time consuming for EVERYONE. She also made a display about "The Miniature Horse" for the 4-H Building at Fair to gain extra points.

So, I KNOW what your girl had to go through and I say........KUDDOS!

One thing, though......with kids in 4-H, I gotta say it is wholesome and healthy. It teaches the kids alot.

MA
Your right it is time consuming for not just my daughter but for me to, but I love it.
default_yes.gif
:

I always feel sorry for the kids whos Mom or Dad just drops them off and are not involved.

Yes the kids need to do the work but the parents have to be involved also for it all to work.

I hope that you Bri loves it as much as my daughter does.

Latest posts

Back