Music Editing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
anyone know how to edit music? like cut and paste pieces say from different songs? Is there special software for it that doesn't cost a fortune? I'm working on a liberty piece but need to be able to cut and past music together.

Good question! I also want to know the answer
default_yes.gif

Ive been wanting to do that for my liberty songs too!

My music teacher for school has a program-he says were going to be using it this year. I totally forgot the name, so I will ask ma teacher next week when school starts.

If I remember right its something like garageband.
default_smile.png

I googled it and found MANY free dowloads.

Heres a link to a program that I thought was pretty cool.

Flexi music

My dad works with this kind of stuff all the time in his music studio. He says you will need a program for it, but all of the following are cheap and easy to use:

1. Protools

2. Cubase

3. Digital Performer

4. Cakewalk

we had digital performer and that worked great until our mac died, now we have protools.

I do! I have had to do it for talent show songs etc. My Nero has a program that it is really easy to use.

My boys like some songs with words I am not keen on so I will "fix" them then they can put them in their MP3s or I'll burn them. Do you need help with something??

Oh recently I was working on editing some liberty music and I used Windows Movie Maker, the song sounded great and then after all my hard work I couldn't get the song to play on a CD player. So I had to go through a very hard process of transfering the song to I-Tunes so I could transfer the song to Creative Wave Studio 7. It works but is not as perfect as I would like, it is very difficult to use. But anyway I just looked at Flexi music and http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html and you do have to pay for those too. Oh well.

I remember hearing them announce at AMHR Nationals last year that you could not use

a CD you had burned yourself, as their player wouldn't recognize it. I know some of the

older players won't play the homemade ones.

I guess I might be afraid of getting to a show and not having my music come on? Has this

ever happened to anybody?

Liberty Class illiterate here.

Shelley

Back