Mule Day 2006, Columbia TN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey

Reaction score
First I want to say, we went and had fun, enjoyed the sun.I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to because of holding Miss Amie. I was disappointed with the care of some of these animals... This first picture is a pic of a mini mule, very hand shy. I had to talk to him very gently to just touch his head..I fear that he has been hit in the face, also these two had not one drop of water and they were tied up too tightly to eat grass..I tried to find the owner, but they were not around. We could have left with those two babies and nobody would have known.. :new_shocked:

100_0065.jpg

his partner

100_0067.jpg

These two had just been hitched up, one was really friendly the other was shy.

100_0066.jpg

This guy was too sweet. He just came up to anyone and loved to be touched..What a friendly critter he was.

100_0062.jpg

100_0061.jpg

These were the biggest prettiest mules I have ever seen in my life. The owner was really nice and I told him I was putting his pretty gals on our board. I forget where they were from.

100_0063.jpg

100_0064.jpg

These boys were the best 2 year old pair.. I think they are nice looking. (I like all the draft mules in the back of them though.

100_0070.jpg

Here is an Owl that was there

100_0072.jpg

and a Red Tailed Hawk

100_0073.jpg

Okay I am done boring yall now..I love mules..I just love thier ears and some of them are really sweet!

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for posting those. I've been trying to go to Bishop Mule Days for the past 2 years + this one. Just can't seem to get it all together in time to sign up. My friends tell me I'd do good with my kids. Someday, we'll shoot for the TN mule days too!

Thanks for posting those. I've been trying to go to Bishop Mule Days for the past 2 years + this one. Just can't seem to get it all together in time to sign up. My friends tell me I'd do good with my kids. Someday, we'll shoot for the TN mule days too!

Let me know if you are coming..We are getting ready to start training Sasha to pull a cart for next year.. We want to be in too. I just loved seeing all the horses and donkeys and mules.

Hey minimule, let me know if you ever do go to Mule Days in Bishop--I'm not far from there right now so would love to meet you and your 'kids'. :aktion033:

Those are some great pictures!! Love the draft pair...nice! I have to say though that head shyness with mules is not necessarily the owner's fault; we have a mule that is an AMAZINGLY built mule--she could do anything you put her to(ie jumping dressage driving cutting even)....but the previous owners messed her up BAD. She is very rope shy for some reason....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I lived close to Bishop for several years and never did get to Mule Days. I've always wanted to go but had to work. Hubby has been there several times (before I met him), he said one of these days we would go back to CA for Mule Days. We'll see.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

If you're looking for mules, they're a dime a dozen up my way and shamefully treated.

There are a couple of very good mule shows in Tennessee someplace however, not sure where. They are trained to pleasure and show in many events and wow can they ever jump! Mules I think are very misunderstood by many and don't realize their full potentional.

If you're looking for mules, they're a dime a dozen up my way and shamefully treated.

There are a couple of very good mule shows in Tennessee someplace however, not sure where. They are trained to pleasure and show in many events and wow can they ever jump! Mules I think are very misunderstood by many and don't realize their full potentional.

They are having a Miniature Mule show in Shelbyville in May 8th and 9th, I believe we are going to go.

Marty you are right about mules being misunderstood and mistreated. My FIL told me that he has seen some people just whip the fire out of a mule. I don't think that is right. I believe if you treat them correctly they will be good for you.

Latest posts

Back