Moxie update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's her first litter.....she & I have been sleeping near her whelping box since Sunday night....I wake up every time she moves!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

when do they normally start showing milk??

~kathryn

Yes, it's her first litter.....she & I have been sleeping near her whelping box since Sunday night....I wake up every time she moves!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

when do they normally start showing milk??

~kathryn
I have had bitches show milk from within a few hours of whelping to 2 or 3 days so it does vary but I have to think Moxie is really close to whelping with that many pups, already showing milk and a surge in energy today you will be a grandma before you know it
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
Keep us posted.

Yvonne

default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

Now how am I supposed to get ANY sleep tonight????
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn
Aw shucks, you'll hear the activity when she starts
default_aktion033.gif
My girls always walk round and round in the whelping box/pen before they settle down to having their babies
default_smile.png
I'll be thinking of you and her, but I'll be sleeping
default_wink.png
Keep us posted.

Yvonne

No puppies yet....we need a sleepy smilie face!!!! LOL

I have taken her temp 4 times since last night! At about 11:00 last night it was down to 96.8....then I checked when I was awake at 12:30.....98.8.....again at 5:00 99.2...then around 8:30 98.9......she won't let me go anywhere without her at my heels this morning....but other than that, she's snoozin like normal.

~kathryn

is she normally "clingy"? if not, this could be a sign that she's getting near. if she was a cow, you could take her out and walk her through the mud but i don't suppose that'd work with moxie. well, that's what the old farmers tell me they do!

HURRY UP, MOXIE!!! we need a puppy fix!
default_biggrin.png

Oh my gosh!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Those x-rays are amazing. I've never seen that before. How fun to try to count all

of the little puppy tails.
default_biggrin.png

Good luck with the impending delivery and I hope that Moxie recuperates well and is a very good mama.

No puppies yet....we need a sleepy smilie face!!!! LOL

I have taken her temp 4 times since last night! At about 11:00 last night it was down to 96.8....then I checked when I was awake at 12:30.....98.8.....again at 5:00 99.2...then around 8:30 98.9......she won't let me go anywhere without her at my heels this morning....but other than that, she's snoozin like normal.

~kathryn
The big temp drop is a good sign you should be in business soon
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Yep, under 100 is good - next 12 to 24 hours. Though my dogs have gone in as early as 6 hours once the temp took a dive.

Good luck! I just whelped 10 german shepherd puppies that are now 3 weeks old.

Jean

I predict Monday (November 5th). Oooops. Just read that she seems close. With both my girls I just go by sense. Once that heavy panting starts, with the big breeds anyways, you've got betwen 6 and 12 hours before a pup shows. I've never missed a whelping by "feel". I started doing the temp. thing....but my relationship with the girls was much more reliable. Go with that Kathryn. Can't wait!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she has been very uncomfortable all day....temp is back up around 99.2 last time I took it (I do have to admit, I'm not completely sold on the temperature thing lol) She's eaten VERY little, and this coming after a ravenous apetite yesterday....

She is flat out on the couch now....she BEGGED to get up there....started panting about 15 minutes ago....looks like a long night????
default_wacko.png

I'm just finishing last minute 'things' and she and I will be back to the basement/whelping box.....

Poor girl, she's really uncomfortable
default_no.gif
sure hope she does have them tonight....

I'll let you know if anything happens....

~kathryn

[SIZE=12pt]how exciting
default_aktion033.gif
, those xrays are pretty neat! good luck and I can't wait to see those pups
default_wub.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back