Moxie update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Moxie and I were at the vets this morning (bright and early!!) for xrays! She is at day 58/51 (first/last breedings). Boy is she uncomfortable these last couple of days! She looks pretty perky this afternoon, more than she has for a couple days....wandered around the back yard...

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

And she's actually eating quite well today...considering!
default_rolleyes.gif

Here are the digital xray images....How many can you count?? (they aren't as clear as they were in the clinic)

mxray3.jpg

mxray1.jpg

mxray4.jpg

Vet says 9-10
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png

We can count 8 for sure, and he wasn't sure but thinks there are 2 more....but couldn't really make them out as clearly as the others.....

How's that for a bunch of puppies!!!!!

Sure hope everything goes well from here on in.....keep the good thoughts coming, and I'll post as soon as I can once she's whelped!!!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Poor girl looks like she swallowed a beach ball.
default_wink.png

Holey moley she needs a skateboard to haul that load around on
default_biggrin.png

OK so how many on the xray?
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

OK you posted those at the same time I was posting...I easily see 8 and actually looks like more
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how many puppies did the vet see? Hmmmmmm???????????
default_aktion033.gif

ok, I don't know how it did that...I tried to add it as a seperate reply, but it attached it to the first post!!!!
default_wacko.png

~kathryn

Holy cow that is one big litter!!!

Have you started temps yet? That would make her first due date Monday? I bet she doesn't go much beyond that!

Shelley

Just started temps today!! And yep, her first date is Monday.....a vet saw her yesterday when he stopped at the horse barn, and thought she'd be having them this weekend!!!
default_unsure.png
We'll see!! Actually the vet today just said I'll have a busy weekend....though we tried to get him to tell us when he thinks she'll have them, but he said he couldn't tell for sure!

But soooo exciting!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

~kathryn

Oh wow..........poor girl! I would of guessed 5. Ok this might be a dumb question but how long are they pg for ?

Gestation on a dog is 63 days.
default_biggrin.png
Not a dumb question at all!! I have a friend who is a cardi person as well, and she keeps thinking gestation is 5 months!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I have told her over and over again it's not, but she can't keep that straight
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

oh Lord love a duck, she's HUGE!!! i dunno but i think you're abusing her. I'M COMING TO RESCUE YOU, MOXIE!!!

kathryn, you have her bags packed, i'll be there at first light tomorrow. you may have visitation rights.
default_biggrin.png

i'm going crazy waiting for these puppies, i can't imagine what YOU are going through!

go ahead and smack me :DOH! :DOH! who is the sire of this litter again?

Very funny Charlene!!!!
default_biggrin.png
She sure is pulling out her princess rights now!!! LOL

runamuk sire is CH Davenitch Shredder Made U Look

unknown-1.jpg

~kathryn

Just started temps today!! And yep, her first date is Monday.....a vet saw her yesterday when he stopped at the horse barn, and thought she'd be having them this weekend!!!
default_unsure.png
We'll see!! Actually the vet today just said I'll have a busy weekend....though we tried to get him to tell us when he thinks she'll have them, but he said he couldn't tell for sure!

But soooo exciting!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

~kathryn
Well my last Saluki litter was 3 days early!
default_biggrin.png

Shelley

Those are some potent little dogs. LOL Beautiful, too. I counted 9...

How are you ever going to pick which pup(s) to keep? Will you be looking for a future show dog?

Good Grief!
default_new_shocked.gif
I was trying to count the spinal cords and they are so piled up in there......OMG!!!!

I'm thinking anywhere from 7 to 9??? They are mashed and overlayed in there.......Things are getting tight!

Now, if all goes well AND she can sustain them? You've got one HOT MAMA!
default_biggrin.png

MA

Thats right....I sort of remembered the Shredder part of the name
default_rolleyes.gif

OK now for the bad news
default_biggrin.png
both my sons counted and they both say 12
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
and they also think those xrays are so cool....perfect photo for halloween
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

Awww...just look at that "little" belly!!!! I say "little"...you have to realize I even call Lakota "little"!!
default_biggrin.png
Good luck with the whelping...may she and all her puppies be safe and healthy thru it all. Can't wait either to see these babies!!
default_aktion033.gif

default_biggrin.png
Kathryn if she is perkier than she was this morning then you may just have a lack of sleep tonight
default_biggrin.png
Hope all goes well with your litter, do you have some oxcytocin on hand? With a big litter like that she may need it afterwards. Looking forward to seeing pics of those beautiful pups
default_yes.gif

Yvonne

default_biggrin.png
Kathryn if she is perkier than she was this morning then you may just have a lack of sleep tonight
default_biggrin.png
Hope all goes well with your litter, do you have some oxcytocin on hand? With a big litter like that she may need it afterwards. Looking forward to seeing pics of those beautiful pups
default_yes.gif

Yvonne
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
SERIOUSLY???????

She is WAYYYYY perkier....has been all day. Not really agitated or anything, just perkier.....eating like all get out! She has had a great apetite all day (which she has been very much lacking for the past few days.....)
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

I do have some oxytocin (my dad farrows pigs...we always have that on hand).....

I did notice milk tonight too....that's a first.....

mininik, I'm *hoping* to only keep one pup...possibly 2 (but the second one wouldn't really be mine....but I'd be keeping it for a very close friend)....and yes, I am hoping for a show pup, fingers crossed of course!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!! I'll let ya know as soon as I do!! LOL

~kathryn

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

Yvonne
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
SERIOUSLY???????

She is WAYYYYY perkier....has been all day. Not really agitated or anything, just perkier.....eating like all get out! She has had a great apetite all day (which she has been very much lacking for the past few days.....)
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

I do have some oxytocin (my dad farrows pigs...we always have that on hand).....

I did notice milk tonight too....that's a first.....

mininik, I'm *hoping* to only keep one pup...possibly 2 (but the second one wouldn't really be mine....but I'd be keeping it for a very close friend)....and yes, I am hoping for a show pup, fingers crossed of course!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!! I'll let ya know as soon as I do!! LOL

~kathryn
Is this her first litter? They don't always go exactly 63 days, I have had them go early and late over the years, usually each dog has a pattern that you can tell after her first litter so if Moxie has had a litter before you could go by what she did then. If this is her first then I would be keeping her close by at night from tonight on. I'll keep her and you in my thoughts for a speedy and safe delivery.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back